Thread: Unable to turn on Guest Mandriva on Vmware workstation

Unable to turn on Guest Mandriva on Vmware workstation

There is a problem and I hope that I will get help from this forum. Right now I have VmWare workstation 6.5.2 assemble 156735. I got many guest within, they are all functioning properly. Recently I have installed FEDORA 14, no trouble. Now I have downloaded .iso file of Mandriva 2010.2 and then I installed it because I am done with the FEDORA 14. While I enable the guest Mandriva, Vmware tells: The system has been disabled by means of the guest operating system. You will require turning off otherwise reset the virtual machine currently. What is this and how can I solve this problem?

Re: Unable to turn on Guest Mandriva on Vmware workstation

I was capable to obtain past that error via disabling acceleration within: Edit> Virtual Machine Settings> Options> Advanced. Furthermore, search for the VMWare | Guest Operating System Install tutorial intended for Mandrake. I at rest haven't worked out each and every one of the issues, for example being capable to install the VMWare tools. This is my former knowledge operational with Linux, therefore perhaps I've jumped into the bottomless end via demanding to install Linux beneath VMWare.

It looks as if the vmmon module after some time stops working, or is unloaded from memory. When this error appears again, verify that the loaded module vmmon (# lsmod | grep vmmon), if it is loaded, then unload and load it again, and if it is not, then just download (in both cases, you can use the command # service vmware restart.)

Not quite right indicating, once you have installed VMware have two options to get virtual machines, the first is as you indicate, by downloading a ready-made, the second is to tell you want to create a new virtual machine, after a small wizard to configure the virtual hardware that they will have asked you this virtual machine to install the OS you use (like a new computer that no OS). So if you have the ISOs of Mandrake can interlarded your own virtual machine, with the advantage that you can choose exactly which packages you want.

With VMware Workstation, Virtualization Mandriva Free 2010 spring requires, as with any other virtualization systems supported by VMware, install VMware Tools. These are the drivers needed for optimal use, the virtualized system, materials (including graphics card and Ethernet card) simulated by VMware Workstation. These materials are not simulated in the list of devices supported by Microsoft systems, or Linux-like, including the installation in a VMware virtual machine will fall back on the generic drivers. Once virtualized system installed, it is necessary to install the VMware Tools from a menu of VMware Workstation.

Mandriva Gnome ... Mandriva is a KDE distribution; the Gnome version is as good as Ubuntu with KDE (Kubuntu). When there is no money, there are problems. And I advise you to Mandriva 2010 Spring must be currently in beta, KDE 4.4 is really better than 4.3, it incorporates many features of Windows 7 as snapper windows on the side of the screen and all that. He added more and more original functionalities. In KDE, there really is an abuse of many functions, TElement they are hard to find in the dialogic configuration.

This is sometimes a bit disturbing is that these will not install VMware Tools in the same way in a virtualized system like Linux in a Windows version. In all cases, VMware Workstation mounts in a virtualized system virtual CD-Rom called "VMware Tools", which contains the drivers. But while these drivers are installed automatically with Windows, it is not the case in Linux: a compilation of these drivers is they need to be taken into account by the Linux kernel (called kernel), and diversity potential of Linux installations, even for a given distribution, prevents this being done automatically.