Thread: Installing windows XP and drivers for HP Pavilion DV7-1285dx

Installing windows XP and drivers for HP Pavilion DV7-1285dx

Guys i recently installed the windows xp in my notebook. As I think windows 7 and windows vista are not the good operating systems for the program compatibility. So that’s what I think here. Also I am looking out for some of the most important audio drivers for my notebook, so can you all please give me a link for the same and help me out of the problem. If yes then please do reply here. I am waiting for the help. If you can get me best possible links for the drivers then it will be the bets help for me. so guys do say something over here.

Re: Installing windows XP and drivers for HP Pavilion DV7-1285dx

Ok if you are looking for the particular audio driver then let me give you some important links for the same. here are the two links that you must check out one of them is this IDt cudio codec while the other one is the nVidia Codec. So check out for both the drivers and you will get the necessary drivers from there itself. that is what I am saying here and hence do look out for the same. do let me know if any of them does not work for you. we will work on some different solutions for the problem. So do reply over here.

The IDT link seems to be have broken it seems. So that’s why it is not giving me any kind of result over here, so that’s what the problem is. So guys if you have any other solution for me then please do let me know about it. I am waiting for the solution from you all. the other one nvidia is not the useful for me. so better I do not check out for that. If anyone manages to get a proper link for the IDT then please do post in here, it will be very much helpful for me.

Ok then check for this one and I am sure that this will be the perfect slink for you. do let me know fi the drivers did get perfectly installed in your system. do reply to me about the same. I am waiting.

Also while you have made a move to the windows xp, do not forget about the necessary changes that you need to make here so that the problem does gets solved here. Update the bios, also the SATA drivers as well, probably some stuffs here and there. The problem will be solved. Since your problem si related to the audio drivers I am not saying much about the solutions but in case if you need help on that then do let me know about it. I will help you in solving out the issue for you. So that is what I want to say here.

No that link did the fix for me. so thanksa ton for the solutions that you have given here. Appreciate the efforts that you have put in to solve the sisue for me over here, so thanks a lot for the same. yes I did follow some of the giuds here and the problem is solved. Only the sound driver was the issue here for me and that seems to have solved out. Thanks guys.