Thread: Windows XP Error: "xxx.dll is not a valid Windows image”

Windows XP Error: "xxx.dll is not a valid Windows image”

I am constantly getting xxx.dll is not a valid Windows image error on my system. I am not able to figure out the problem here. I got this error whenever I restart my pc. I was trying to install Quicken 2010 and started receiving this message after restart. I had tried to install Quicken once again but still the error is constant. Is there anyone who knows a proper way of fixing this thing.

For fixing the problem the first thing you must do is run system restore. This is the best way to get rid of various errors that appear due to new installations. Sometime a fresh installation damage system files which generate this kind of issue. So just run system restore and test back. I think that will be enough to fix the issue. Then download a proper setup file of Quicken and check back.

Re: Windows XP Error: "xxx.dll is not a valid Windows image”

The message that you had mentioned is a malware issue. You have to scan your system with a good antivirus. The best is Malwarebytes Anti-malware. Just download and install this in your system. This is a paid tool and you can still install a trial version. Boot your system in safe mode and scan it. Avoid using your existing setup. Try to download a fresh one from internet and run that. I think that would be enough to fix the issue.

Re: Windows XP Error: "xxx.dll is not a valid Windows image”

The error itself is bit weird and there are chances that you have huge malware problem. I do not think this error is associated with Quicken. Scanning the system with different set of antivirus is recommended. You can try running system restore to get instant fix. But this is not going to remove the virus from the pc. Just run system restore and keep on scanning your pc with a good antivirus.