Thread: ncurses-devel use make menuconfig for blocking Gentoo

ncurses-devel use make menuconfig for blocking Gentoo

Whenever I try to run the make menuconfig command on the terminal of the gentoo OS, then it will be gives the different kind of error message. This message has to be contains the special code that will be blocking the system. In this Gentoo system, when I attempt to run make menuconfig command then the ncurses-devel will be block the system and the command will gives different error messages, such as Unable to find ncurses libraries or required header files and so on. Thanks in advance.

Re: ncurses-devel use make menuconfig for blocking Gentoo

As per my knowledge, the Gentoo does not divide this ncurses package into a -devel package. However, the regular package like some distros, will be capable to do this task. The necessary files and folder is to be present in the sys-libs/ncurses. Thenyou need to check this folder of the system. Then you need to be check the file /usr/include/ncurses.h exists in this folder or not. If this is not present then insert it into the folder.

The menuconfig is an ncurses-based frontend. If your system contains the ncurses-devel libraries then it will be execute the make menuconfig command on the system. In this type of problem, there might be possibility that the ncurses library is to be crashed. Hence I suggest you to install ncurses on the system. This means do the complete installation of the ncurses-devel and this will be might help to solve such type of problem.

You need to try altering memory settings which are present inside the BIOS. This will be also the way to solve this problem. The reason behind this problem is to be the BIOS will not be able to detect the memory at some time. Hence this type of troubles arrived in the system. Then you need to either correctly set the configuration setting of the BIOS. The alternative way is to be reset this BIOS. It might be solving your problem.

I also faced the same problem. In that time, when I try to execute the make menuconfig command on the terminal, then this will be makes problem on the system. Hence I read the manual of the gentoo. In that manual there is complete correct process, to solve this problem. Then I follow this process and it will be help me to solve this blocking problem of the system. I think you also need to use this process. This will be help to solve the problem.

The better way to solve such problem is to be contact the expert person. The support staff of the official site will be help to solve such kind of problem. Hence I suggest you to use this process and this will be help to remove such kind of blocking problem. The reason behind this is to be this is the most critical problem and only developer will be knows the exact solution over this problem. Then use expert advice and solve this problem.