Thread: KNOPPIX 6.4 gets freeze while booting

KNOPPIX 6.4 gets freeze while booting

Hi, in my machine I have KNOPPIX 6.4 andit was working very perfectly but since last two days it is having too many problems, like when I boot the machine it gets freezes, and with no other option, I must have to reboot the machine, In fact I have change the CD also but still it the same thing happening, so is there any way through which we can avoid this, and mainly let me tell you that I don’t want to delete that, I want to keep that also. Thanks for suggestion if any.

Re: KNOPPIX 6.4 gets freeze while booting

Yeah there are too many problems with this version, in fact I was having the similar issue and it was just because of the driver that I was using, and after reinstalling them I am having it with good stability thus I would suggest you to do the same thing with your graphic drivers, because The niche nouveau graphics drivers don’t sustain each and every NVidia graphics adapter evenly fine up till now, and start with the configuration in the file as make changes in boot option knoppx nomodeset xmodule=nv.

If you are running integrated ATI radeon graphics adapter then I would say it does not work with the hasten kernel mode settings so again here also you have to make change in the settings, Boot the same with this option knoppix nomodeset nocomposite. And for the substitute uncelebrated frame buffer mode, an supplementary boot choice would be necessary not together as of the documented options.

I think the version that you are using might get corrupted or might have been possible that some of the files have been missing from your machine, so I think you should change some setting first but if suppose it doesn’t help you anymore, then the best option would be to reinstall the same version again, in fact I would say there are too many bugs in this version so you should at least change to its previous version which is too good.

Have you installed it from the bootable CD or you have installed it from another source, that doesn’t matter how you have done that but I would recommend you that you should try the another way apart from the way that you have already been through. And the freezing problem would be because of the drivers only, I am sure about that so either you should reinstall the driver or download the latest driver that has a support for this software.

See this might be possible as you have possibly changed the hardware after installing this software, if yes then you must have to reinstall the software again, or else you’ll always get this kind of errors. and this is the main function of the software that it automatically detects and different hardware and make a log of that, but If you change any hardware then it will not find the one that it has detected, so check that also for the same.

I think this is because of the software only and thus you must have to reinstall this version again in order to get it work, and if possibly you have made some hardware changes like the GPU you have changed than you should change the drivers for that also, otherwise you’ll get other errors regarding that afterward, thus it’s the best practice to do it now only.