Thread: Unable to boot Arch Linux from the logical partition

Unable to boot Arch Linux from the logical partition

I have installed Arch Linux on the computer of mine. Well I have found a particular issue with this particular operating system. I have found that I was unable to boot the computer. Hence I need to use the booting CD so that I can boot the system. Let me know why I am having the above mentioned issue on the computer of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to boot Arch Linux from the logical partition

I wanted to say thanks a lot for prompt replying for yours. I have found that the menu.lst is seems to be ok. However I have noticed that the there is no config file for the Grub. I am unable to figure out why this particular issue occurring on the system of mine. however I have managed to fix the matter of mine by using the fix option from the super Grub Disk. So try the thing which I have used to solve the matter. I am hoping that it would be useful to you.

Well looking at the situation I wanted to discuss following thing which would be help you to figure out the root cause of the problem. I think it would not make any difference or creating the boot partition or Logical as a primary one. The Grub is working fine without having kind of the partition which you are using. Can you tell me which message you are getting on the computer? Also you should post the content of the grub.conf and menu.lst. I am waiting for the replies of the above mentioned questions.

The Primary partition are the kind of the main sort of the partition which you have made on the computer of yours. you would not have any limit or something like which you can make on the system of yours, if you are wanted more partition on the computer then I think you have to make the logical partition. It is a partition inside the partition. I am thinking that sometimes it is referred to as a extended partition.

I let you know that Linux boot partition should be of 16 to 32 MB. It should be of the first 1023 cylinders or it could be of the Gbytes for hard drive. It would not make any issue if there is primary or logical partition. As it is already mentioned you can simply subdivide the primary partition and logical partition would not make any difference. Also you should try with the latest version of Grub and see whether it making any difference in the situation.