Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to install mint on vmware?

Operating Systems

Old 02-07-2011

How to install mint on vmware?

Hi I have recently brought Lenovo laptop and I was trying to install mint on vmware but as been new to newbie in linux, and while installing vmware tools I was getting some error messages due to which I was not able to install it, so I had posted this post here believing that I will get any guidelines on how to install mint on vmware please help.

Old 02-07-2011

Re: How to install mint on vmware?

Hi even I am looking for a similar answer as I am running Bea on a virtual machine at work using VMware. I was trying to install VMware tools but I am not able to install it! As when I try to run the "sudo vmware-install.pl" I get an message as VMware software been detected on the machine and When I check for the installed application I don?t find anything that is installed. Does anyone knows about it?
Old 02-07-2011

Hi I don't know much about Mint, as even I have recently downloaded mint but still I have not installed it, I will be installing it soon so even I am looking for a answer to how to install Mint on vmware, or else I have to try installing on myself and if it will install successfully I will post here to help you. Even you can try installing it by following the guides and official tutorial from VMware ?s website as even I will be installing that way only.
Old 02-07-2011

Hi you can install it by following the below steps
? Click on VMware and select Install VMware Tools In the main menu of the VMware Console.
? Now you will get an popup for installation wizard.
? This is quite similar as installing any other window.
? Click on Install option and
? Now follow the menu and finish the installation process and
? After the installation is done, reboot.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,