Thread: Is wifi necessary for using the Chrome OS?

Is wifi necessary for using the Chrome OS?

Just a curious question that I wanted to ask it with you all. the question is that is wifi necessary for the chromebook to keep alive? As such I have heard that chromebook are internet computers and must be needing the wifi? I don’t know if I am saying this correctly or not? So what do you all think about it? what is there is no wifi access will the chromebook be of no use without the wifi or any internet connection? Please do suggest something.

Re: Is wifi necessary for using the Chrome OS?

It is said that 3G models will be an easy alternative of there is no wifi connection for the chromebook. If you are having any android phone with the 3G access in it then you will be able to successfully tether the phone with the laptop and that’s it, there is always an alternative for the problems like these. So that’s what I am saying here. You can try this option out if you are not getting any alternative for the phone. so hope you have got the necessary suggestions for the problem.

Ok thanks for the necessary suggestion that you gave here, still a small question comes in my mind and the question is that what is there is no 3G access? Or if there is no android phone with me? then what? Can you tell me what should I do in that situation. I hope you will be having an answer for that as well.

See without the internet connection I think chromebook is totally useless that’s what I think over here and hence that’s what I want to say it you all. I think a chromebook must be having a sufficient 3G plan as well as a good wifi access point. Without which I think is of no use at all. that’s what I feel here. See if you are purchasing the chromeobok then make sure that you are having the 3G ChromeBook with WiFi if you are having it then only go ahead with the plan that’s what I am saying here.

Not true for all the applications, see the chromebook is having the offline capability update with the help of which you can listen to the different music as well as the video so that’s the benefi that you will be getting with the chroembook, so that’s what I am saying here. Also the benefi of that would be limited to the certain applications and not the entire chromebook. That’s what I feel here.

Ok thanks for all the suggestions that you have given here. Appreciate the efforts that you have out in to solve the issue, so thanks a ton for the same. yes the chromebook has ceratin applications that must be looked out after, so with the 3G connection you will not be getting better out of it. that’s what I feel. So i have given my necessary opinion here and lets see if that sorts out the issue for me.