Thread: Linux Redhat vs linux Debian

Linux Redhat vs linux Debian

Hi, I am using linux redhat from last few months and in that period of time only I have learn too many things about that, but as I have read about the debian which is quite newer so I am just so curious about that so I want to know about that, as what are the basic difference in both of them and off course which one is better to use? I would like if anybody will let me know about the features and some benefits of both so I can at least compare them and then can easily decide which one is better. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Linux Redhat vs linux Debian

See as the extent to I know the prime dissimilarity between those two operating system are perhaps the package management and the kernel in both the operating system is different. And off course as this is the command base language, some of the commands are different in the debian as they have enhanced the debian too much, and if you want to know more about that you can simply search on the internet also for the same.

I would say in the debian linux they are providing the The best packaging system through which you can minimize the software cluttering issue in your machine, and off course as compare to other system the installation process is also too easy, they have constantly improving the installation process as there are too many rumors like the Linux based operating system take too much time to be installed in the machine.

Another advantage of debian Linux is like it comes with unbelievable amount of software with it, and that is also absolutely free, as far as I know Debian offers above 29000 different pieces of software. Together with that if you have any pre-installed software running beneath GNU/Linux, you can still utilize it, in fact I would say there might have been provided with the installer that will automatically install and set up everything for you.

See redhat is quite tradintional I would say, because there are too man y difference they have made in the newer version like Red Hat systems typically have a great deal of lesser package team whereas Debian has more than a thousand package maintainers, I would say Bug tracking system is quite good feature provided in the debian and it is available publicly.

The Red Hat advancing model is like a flight of stairway or series of cliffs rather debian has very smoother process with each new package coming out daily. User can update their system whenever they want. And while it comes to stability, robustness, debian Linux has already crossed all the records previously made by the redHat, and if you concern about the speed, they have practice too much to improve the speed of the operating system and they have proved that also.

Debian integrate arrangement in the package-installation course whereas Red Hat determined that automatic, hands-free installation was preferable and that is the best thing on which we can debate also. but I personally discover the configuration step in Debian to be a helpful and precious as lots of packages offers a easy, straightforward configurator construct precisely in the package.