Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to find the pci id in mint Linux

Operating Systems

Old 01-07-2011

Unable to find the pci id in mint Linux

In my machine I have dual booted two different operating system and while I was doing these I didn?t paid enough attention and after messing the things pretty awful, I decided to have only one operating system on my machine, so I moved the partitions all the way over and lost access to all the windows files, so I am not getting how to get wireless driver work again, and most importantly when I enter the PCI ID in the terminal I got the error message as bad command, so is there any suggestion to this?

Old 01-07-2011

Re: Unable to find the pci id in mint Linux

According to me actually PCI is not the command the actual command is lspci that you have to use in the terminal window in order to get the list of the pci ids. So if you are making any mistake there, then let me tell you that you should correct that only. The command are actually like this,

lspci -vnn
lspci -knn

Depending on the distro or rather I would say version of pci utils, one of the command or at least one will work.
Old 01-07-2011

Hey will you please run this code ? because if you just give me the proper problem definition then I can get the proper solution to this, Run this command :

lspci -vnn | grep -a4 -i net

it will display you all the Ethernet controller and other controllers through which we can get the idea, and it seems that you?re using wireless connection.
Old 01-07-2011

You can have another option too as you can make use of the third party software also for the same, such as PCI tree is the software that will let you know all the information about the model like the real chipset & maker, the PCI ID of the modem. So I would recommend you the same to use. If suppose you are still not getting the ID and getting unnecessary errors then I think this is the error due to your mistake or due to some windows mistake, i mean to say either you have entered wrong command or there is some problem in the windows itself.
Old 02-07-2011

Hey I have seen your definition and I got that your wireless connection has some problem, I think the driver that you are using the not correct, so I think you should check that also, I mean to say you have to reinstall the LAN drivers that you are using, and if possible don?t just install the version that you were using previously because it might be possible that the version won?t have support to work with the operating system that you have, so download the latest drivers from the internet and installed that only.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,