Thread: Can't update mint Linux

Can't update mint Linux

Hi, I am running Linux on my machine and was trying to update it to Mint linux, but while doing that I was having too many different glitches like updating process gets stops after some time and reports a code that is generally too big to understand, in fact I have tried so much time doing the same but often get the same error, and from that I am not getting where is the actual problem, any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Can't update mint Linux

Before advancing make sure that you have a latest version of the update manager, and if you don’t have any then let me tell you that this is very essential tool that you must have, or else you’ll not get and update, so first of all make sure that you have the latest version and then go to Synaptic, reload it and check every upgrades, and click on apply, or allow update manager automatically check for updates and if there would be any then you can install it.

While updating the operating system you should always make sure that you have proper internet connection then only you can do that, and be sure that it is working with great speed, otherwise if suppose it gets break in between then also the recipient server will not reply any more and as you have mentioned you’ll get the updating process get fail in between. So either buy a set from the market if you don’t want to download it from the internet, or you don’t have reliable connection.

Hey thanks for the help guys as when I use the update manager I often get too many errors again and again, regarding fetching the files from the server. The main thing that makes me irritate is like they are giving me the problem definition but with too big coding, that we can’t understand, and thus I am not getting where I am making any mistake, or this is some another problem, the only part that I understand is, a number of index archive failed to download actually.

I think according to me one of the third party resources aren’t functioning thus you must have to disable those resources. You can do this by Pressing Alt+F2 key, after that a window will appear in that you have to type the following command :

gksu gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

After executing this it will open sources.list file in Gedit by means of root rights. And remember to Put # earlier to every lines having word ppa, google, dropbox and skype. After doing these save the files execute the command in the terminal :

sudo apt-get clean all
    sudo apt-get update

ans then try to install it again.

See you can have a option to report this problem to Linux mint forums, and I am sure that you’ll get the solution for sure, because there you’ll not be the only person who get this error, until and unless you have made some mistake, so according to me you should contact them also for getting the proper solution to this. Because without the proper specification and the idea about the code its little bit difficult to recommend some other solutions.