Thread: How to configure the Arch linux from the 3G USB modem ?

How to configure the Arch linux from the 3G USB modem ?

Hello, everybody recently I have installed Arch Linux system on my VAOI laptop, and I have to configure it further but as we all know is quite impossible to configure it without a good internet connection. And my problem is like I have 3G USB modem, so can I configure the setting through that, or will it make any problems again? and which are the major configuration that we have to made, can anyone suggest me the proper idea?

Re: How to configure the Arch linux from the 3G USB modem ?

See first of all you need to download he and install some of the software like usbutils, usb_modeswitch, wvdial and modemmanager and then you have to configure them as however you want. And not to worry about the internet connection as whatever connection would be Ok for making changes, and as it seems that you have a very good connection so no need to worry about that.

You can have another option as well like you can simply use their website also for further instruction on using the pacman, they have provided this instruction as a manual which gives information along with that other extra information and commands for making use of it. And while doing these always keep in mind that you'll also require to have any dependency on hand, but then you can install a package with pacman -U filename.pkg.tar.xz with this instruction.

Hey thanks for the help guys as now I have installed wvdial. And after that According to the given tutorial, I found that I have to run some commands and that’s wvdialconf, so ran it and after that it has generated a file called wvdial.conf. but now I am seeing that I have to configure the files further and mainly manually that actually I don’t know how to do that, how to modify the wvdial.conf file?

See my recommendation is like you should remain it by default if you don’t have idea about the configuration, because if you just change some of the setting for it you cannot then modify it. And if you want to Modifying the configuration of a modem, you can do that by the modem manage, that you have to download first. After that start modem manager and select modem to modify it, then the modem window will appear with the modem configuration window in that you can simply modify the settings.

See my recommendation is like you should remain it by default if you don’t have idea about the configuration, because if you just change some of the setting for it you cannot then modify it. And if you want to Modifying the configuration of a modem, you can do that by the modem manage, that you have to download first. After that start modem manager and select modem to modify it, then the modem window will appear with the modem configuration window in that you can simply modify the settings.