Thread: Formatted HDD and also Delete MBR on Alienware M17x

Formatted HDD and also Delete MBR on Alienware M17x

Hello everyone, I had Alienware M17x Laptop and recently I had format my hard Drive and also clear master boot record (MBR), and all has been done smoothly and without any problem, so I just want to ask about the exact or can be say as the proper size of partition, I would be necessary at this level after formatting and removing Hard drive and MBR, so I will able to install the new operating system properly and I want to install Windows vista the home premium version with 64bit. Yours suggest are going be appreciated highly. Thanks in advance. (HDD space = 320 GB)

re: Formatted HDD and also Delete MBR on Alienware M17x

As you can even go for calling Alienware technical support people or either you can make the C drive partition, as the single drive available on the system, so better to leave the setting to default at the time of installing your operation system( windows vista), as I had also done a partition on my m17x with the technical support of Alienware and complete the installation also, but sorry, as I don’t remember the procedure properly, so that why not providing you any incomplete or wrong information about this.

I am very well aware about this that many of the m17x users want to opt for fresh installation and this point many goes for full restore process and many of them will able to use Respawn disc and from them many will able to use it, and if you don’t have access to Respawn disc, the only requirement here is partition of Respawn disc is there and also you need is Acronis Disk Director 10( not the trial version) and if you consist the mention requirement than you can proceed with the installation procedure using Respawn disc.

Yeah you can use Respawn for building up new partition on your hard drive and for further assistance, I am mention the step that should be followed for using Respawn.
    1. At first you have to install Acronis Disk Director 10 and after installation have to restart your system.
    2. Once done with restarting your system run the Acronis Disk Director program and then select Respawn Recovery and there you will able to locate a DISK option -> Advance -> set active -> and select the commit option.
    3. Now after doing you have restart your windows once again and after that you will be provided with the Respawn option and now you can use it also.
    4. Then after getting Respawn option you can opt for full restoring.

As this step have proved to be effective for me, so think this will worked for you also.

If you are not comfortable with the partition and installation procedure than as what I think that you call for technical support Alienware and they will give your correction information for restoring and also will guide you on the same time and if your laptop is still under guarantee then you don’t have to worry a bit, as you have all right for asking for help and talk about any technical supports from them.

As you are making plan of install the all fresh system installation, and while installing any fresh installation I think you will require a raid utilize for building up a bootable drive which will useful for the operating system at further stage, so first formulated with this procedure and if you have any doubt in function of raid, and reply that in this thread and I will assist you with further solution and also this really needed before going further with the installation.

Re: Formatted HDD and also Delete MBR on Alienware M17x

You can make use of raid utility and as while taking about the partition, so the partition size is really depended on you, you can either go for single drive or for multiple drive and for keeping the size on particular disk is upto you, no restriction on any of them, or better you should opt for C drive for system installation and then afterward add the partition for the other use, as you can change the size of disk after the system installation and whenever you want. But mostly it is better to install it at the time of Operating system installation.