Thread: Upgrade Windows 7 for dv6000/dv9000 models

Upgrade Windows 7 for dv6000/dv9000 models

Please help me I want to upgrade my operating system to Windows 7 operating system. I just need guide from you for especially dv6000/dv9000 models. Before doing the upgradation I thought of asking the experts so that I won’t do any mistakes. What all measures should I take before doing upgradation.

Re: Upgrade Windows 7 for dv6000/dv9000 models

Yes, you have taken proper decision before upgrading by asking concerned people like us. I am sure the HP must have demanded you to reinstall vista back to your system if you have any hardware related problem. Also they will not help you if you have any software related problem. Actually the reason behind this is that these models have not got their support with Windows 7 system. Before upgrading to Windows 7 operating system please without fail make Vista Recovery CD/DVD. The steps and information for that are there in this link

I would like to let you know that all the Vista drivers and pre-installed software of your dv6000/dv9000 model are in C:\swsetup folder. If you already have it in your HDD media then copy this folder to CD/DVD because there is possibility that you might need it some other day. There is a note for nVidia graphic card users that they should check temperature of this device before upgrading, its very information. By doing that you will get to know that its working ok in Windows 7 too.

I would be happy to add on it that you should find out the proper model that you have got and the necessary specifications for it. For that first go to the Support & Drivers part of the official website of HP. After going there, in search box type your Laptop product number I mean the (p/n) number. Also the p/n will be mentioned in your laptop case. Under the notebook image find out your model name for example HP Pavilion dv6205eu Notebook PC. After that on the same page click on the Product information, in there you will find all required specification about hardware. Hope this helps you.

One of the most important thing for upgradation of Windows 7 operating system in your model is do a Clean Installation. As some of the drivers are originally made for Vista system so you should be careful. If you do normal installation it will fail, then you have to try run unsuccessfully installed file in Compatibility Mode. If you want to do a clean installation then see to it that, your computer has no operating system installed in it, also see that you do NOT want to preserve your data, programs, or system drivers, You want to completely delete your current operating system and replace it with Windows 7 operating system.