Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

what happens if you have wifi in chrome os

Operating Systems

Old 27-06-2011

what happens if you have wifi in chrome os

I was always having this question in my mind since I first heard about the cloud based operating system like the chrome os and this was still my doubt and I did not know where to query this , but it appears that I know that where to solve this query , so that my question what if there is we work on chrome os with a Wi-Fi connection . AS I have a wi-fi connection at my home and office so just asking if it works on it .

Old 27-06-2011

Re: what happens if you have wifi in chrome os

Did you meant to ask me that would the chrome notebook work if there is no internet connectively? If that was your question then the answer is yes it would surely work like a normal operating system but without the internet connection it would not be much useful as most of the work that we do on the chrome os would be cloud based so without that nothing could be done . IF and only if the file is stored on the cloud .
Old 27-06-2011

Yes the chrome need a internet connection to work with so don ?t worry it would work absolutely fine with the wi-fi connection that you are having , the only thing that you should worry about would be the bandwidth and the downloading and the uploading speed that is given by the service provider that is giving you as that would decide the usage of the chrome book . you could also use a 3-G connection for using this .
Old 27-06-2011

Well , without the internet connection on the chrome notebook it would pretty be useless as you don ?t have any other thing to do except for playing some video files and or some music with the use of flash drive so , I think that would not be so bad if you don ?t have an internet connection. You could always use a flash drive so that you utilize it in such times , it has also been heard that the google is updating it so as to make it more usable in offline mode.
Old 27-06-2011

Another time, that's not the case by way of offline potential together with Gmail, Docs, and Calendar, in addition to not to point out HTML5. You be capable of listen to music whereas you are functioning offline. I am inquisitive concerning the inhabitant media player, I am not certain if you be capable of setup playlists or still play multiple files devoid of choose a new song each instance the previous one come to an end.
Old 29-06-2011

The Chrome Books contain 16GB of storage, very small storage put side by side to a lot of innovative laptops on the bazaar but I lay a wager you can store up a lot of offline Chrome book app's on with the purpose of 16GB of storage space as well as your music. With nix Wi-Fi association I perform locate the Chrome Book to be inadequate. presently approximating with smart phones if you don't have a data

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,