Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 is not starting up

Operating Systems

Old 08-07-2011
garrywilson

Re: Windows 7 is not starting up

when I start the computer up for the first time, it just wont start. Turn my monitor on and it says "No signal". I can only get the computer to boot up when i do several restart button pushes :/
So I figured it might be the video card drivers that are problematic and I installed the newest ones that I found from the official site(my graphics card is an XFX 9800GT). It didn't help, maybe relieved the problem a bit but I haven't really noticed it. I've opened the computer case up and tryed to push the Graphics card into the PCi slot further, because it may have slided out after a while (highly unlikely, it's screwed in, but just for good measure ). Umm, I had no problems with booting up on Windows XP before(I was on that before Win 7, and I formatted my HDD and did everything properly) ... Is this a hardware or a software problem? I tryed searching for fixes for this but I got bored of searching too fast so I made this thread I'd like to get a quick fix, it's taking me 5-15 minutes to start up the computer every time, it's bad when I might be in a hurry someday :/
Hope to get a fast reply and fix
Old 09-07-2011

Re: Windows 7 is not starting up

Hi garrywilson,

First off can you tell us what is your computer specifications? Secondly what is the make or model of the power supply. Check the reading of your psu by going into BIOS, whether it is below +5V and +3.3V, because if it is so then you will need to buy a new power supply as it is failing to output power consumed by the pc. I too had similar problems but after I changed my psu, everything started working properly.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,