Thread: DVD import to imovie problems on Mac

DVD import to imovie problems on Mac

I'm having trouble importing dvd footage into imovie so that I can edit it. I've tried 3 different dvds now,The only remaining issue is that some of the VOB files seem to be corrupt, as there are some chunks that iMovie won’t import, (then iMovie crashes),btw, I am using Mac OS, so is there any solution?

Re: DVD import to imovie problems on Mac

There is an tool called ISO buster. I had used this tool some time before to extract data from my corrupt dvd. Accidentally I had stopped the current burning process of an multi session disc. This can cause my entire dvd unreadable. I use this tool to extract the data from working sector of DVD. Try it out. Download Iso buster for mac and use it for extracting video from your DVD. Then use an better tool to convert it in Flac.

Quote Originally Posted by DotNetUser View Post
    There is an tool called ISO buster. I had used this tool some time before to extract data from my corrupt dvd. Accidentally I had stopped the current burning process of an multi session disc. This can cause my entire dvd unreadable. I use this tool to extract the data from working sector of DVD. Try it out. Download Iso buster for mac and use it for extracting video from your DVD. Then use an better tool to convert it in Flac.
    Thank you for your suggestion. I have searched ISO buster online, but I found that this tool is DVD, CD, BD and HD DVD recovery software,right? And it seems that this program just available on Windows system....Anyway, thank u so much for your time. Kindly.

Hey,Can you just convert the DVD into MP4 format and then importing it? You may take a try at handbrake (free), or macx dvd ripper pro, I got it from lifehacker giveaway.