Thread: Is java supported by Chrome OS?

Is java supported by Chrome OS?

I was just wondering is there is a java support in the Chromebooks? Since I do not have any idea on the said subject and hence I am asking you all about it. so that’s what I want to say here. I want to run java based applications like JNLP in it but still I am not sure if it is supportive or not. So please I want someone who can say something on the topic that is been given here. Those who are quite confident about the matter then please do let me know about it. I will be happy to listen to you all, so please do reply on the same. I am waiting.

Re: Is java supported by Chrome OS?

No, is the answer for your question, well let me inform you that java is still not supported by the Chrome OS. You will not believe but not even the Silverlight is supported by the Chrome OS. That’s what I want to say here, so no use working on the java applications for the chrome. I think so that’s the perfect suggestion for you do look at the same and let me know if there is any other issue that you need to ask about the Chrome OS. I will try and answer it out to you all.

What I think is that there is no need of jumping to that conclusion. Of course the developers will be thinking over this java is widely used today and hence the application of the java in the operating systems is very much important today. As of now no java applications can be run in chrome OS, let’s see if that can be made some difference over there itself. That’s what I am trying to say here so do look out for the same here and I will keep you updating on the same.

Yesterday only when I was trying to download the game named as minecraft. For that I might require java plugin and it is very sad to see that chrome OS not supporting the java. However as the above user said the developers will surely be getting the java support for it as well. Also if the java support is not there then it will really take some time for me to decommission my desktop PC, that can be some of the problems which I get to face here. So hope you look at that.

Ok so sad to know about that and I am very upset about all the matters that are being discussed here. Well I do hope that the java support do come quick and fast for the particular operating system, anyways there is nothing much that I have to say here about the topic, anyways thanks for trying out the solutions for me.