Thread: I want to view classic folder display/icons in Windows 7

I want to view classic folder display/icons in Windows 7

I recently obtain a fresh computer with Windows 7, and I required doing to change the folder view, but not the folder tree, but the way they come out genuine folders, in particular for the folders that contain pictures. I have a bunch of pictures in diverse folders, and my previous computer shows every folder as a usual folder, square with 4 small preview images of what is in the folder. The new version of Windows displays the folder upright with the open folder and documents / photos overflow inside, I have observe in "extra large icons", although it is still hard to know what is in each folder, i truly I come back to the old way. Can anyone suggest on this.

Re: I want to view classic folder display/icons in Windows 7

I would like to suggest you the following step and so that you can solve your issue. to do this go through the following steps: first go to your image folder location and after that make right click on that folder and after that properties. Now on the properties go to the customize tab and after that make hit on the select file and after that select the image with the intention that required to establish. Now once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I Windows7 approach, rather than the folder design is inappropriate. I call the old XP folders via the preview of the performance. I am an artist and I have trained thousands of files using the intent that includes the rapid identification and visually. Is it so hard to give us back above folders? Not being able to imagine why Microsoft is imagined vertical folders was a greater idea. It is much easier to identify and position the images. This was the purpose of the revolution. I have fear of the images above are not examples above.

If there is a rapid fix, or number of downloads you can use, to be able to customize my folders I would keep Windows 7, more than they give the impression of being similar to no explanation. I have toured the compound Q & A page for hours to locate any additional user find an answer or rapid fix, but in vain. I am not the person who works only through large amounts of photos and now not being able to stature to what is in each folder, right through the intention of the vertical / sees half the picture Cover is not easy to observe and identify. It's a strange sight through the intention of times just shows me a corner of a drop or two, which is not satisfactory.

Thus requiring additional folder flat back. I have made previously selected a photo of each folder to customize more than what they are so difficult to observe. i composed thousands of images of an account of my ebay store, etsy accumulate and photos of the site and upright people I show a top view of the grains. I have to open all the folders to locate the actual spot photos to recognize my bills. Actually require the folders square backplane through a square flat image at the top so you can see what I'm doing. I'm thinking of returning my purchase and innovative mobile and call-wide improvement. Not being able to work this approach, the incapability to place quickly my goods visually in folders is to misplace hours of labor every day.

jaikanth123 Guest

I too am searching for an answer to this dilemma. I need the old folder options back too. I need flat folders I can customize with one photo to easily identify my inventory so I can work with it. But, the answer to me was
    "The vertical open folder view is the only folder option available on Windows 7"
    In other words, the answer is NO ANSWER! This seems such a simple request to fulfill, just give us back the old folder options for those that want it. I even tried copying the icon shells from Windows Xp and using them in Windows 7. I could use the flat folder icon from Windows XP in Windows 7, but it would not allow me to customize it with a photo. What used to be a simple process, identifying my inventory to relist in my webstores has now become a long, laborious process, where I must open hundreds of folders to find the photos I am looking for....
    If anyone has a quick fix or simple solution or download, I would sure love to hear from them!

If you want to modify the icon or want the default folder icon on windows 7 then I want you to just follow the bellow mentioned steps:
    • First of all Open the Start Menu, then type regedit in the search line and press Enter.
    • If provoked by UAC, then click on Yes.
    • In regedit, find the way to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    • In the left windowpane, right hit on the Explorer key and tick on New and Key
    • Type Shell Icons and press Enter.
    • In the right pane of Shell Icons, right click on a empty space and click on New and String Value. Type 3 and press enter
    • Right click on the number for the folder type and click on Modify

Quote Originally Posted by jaikanth123 View Post
    I too am searching for an answer to this dilemma. I need the old folder options back too. I need flat folders I can customize with one photo to easily identify my inventory so I can work with it. But, the answer to me was
    "The vertical open folder view is the only folder option available on Windows 7"
    In other words, the answer is NO ANSWER! This seems such a simple request to fulfill, just give us back the old folder options for those that want it. I even tried copying the icon shells from Windows Xp and using them in Windows 7. I could use the flat folder icon from Windows XP in Windows 7, but it would not allow me to customize it with a photo. What used to be a simple process, identifying my inventory to relist in my webstores has now become a long, laborious process, where I must open hundreds of folders to find the photos I am looking for....
    If anyone has a quick fix or simple solution or download, I would sure love to hear from them!

The easyest way to customize a folder icon with a picture: rename a picture in the folder to folder.jpg or folder.gif. I usually set these files as hidden, so some of my friends wonder how I did it...