Thread: Some Files not getting defragged on my volume

Some Files not getting defragged on my volume

In my computer I am using widows XP operating system. Recently I used windows defrag utility to move all the files at one place. When I analyzed the volume using this utility then it told me to defrag the same. After finishing the test, it gave me message saying that some of the files could not be defragged. So please let me know if anyone here getting the identical problem and possibly help me to solve this issue on my computer.

Re: Some Files not getting defragged on my volume

Disk defragmentation is a necessary and important course. When the disk is not defragmented, then it can lead to several effects, such as reducing system performance, the PC will crash, it forces long time to turn on and shuts off. To defragment the disk you can be employ a utility called "Auslogics Disk Defrag". Auslogics Disk Defrag is used for rapid HDD defragmentation tool which is freely obtainable. Hope this tool would defrag all the files.

I would inform you that the windows provided defrag utility is not good. So may of user’s uses third best software, as above one has mentioned particular tool, like same I use MyDefrag. This software is available on the internet at free of cost. It is a totally automated process. It is compatible with many operating system version of Microsoft and also with latest windows 7. I would imply you to try MyDefrag. If you have any problems using this software let me know.

There are some options you have to try with. Just try to defrag in safe mode with that make certain you have a sufficient amount of space while you defragment. I guess usually you get an error if you have don’t have enough free space to defragment. However, computers can act up sometimes. Certify that you have at least 25% of HDD space free to go to My Computer, select the symbol on your hard drive and go to Properties. Verify that the specified percentage of free space is at least 25% - if possible 30%. Just in case.

Well as suggested above there is one more tool with which you can go for. You can come across that certain users are using JK Defrag. The main benefit of JK Defrag is that you need not require installing this utility. You can run from a CD or USB flash drive directly. It also optimizes the drive by defragmenting the disk. You can test the report of defragmentation by using this tool and ensure that whether you are able to defrag all the files on your system.

To clarify the fragmentation quickly, my suggestion is to do a disk cleanup foremost, and then download a free tryout of a 'pro' grade defragmenter for e.g. Diskeeper 2011, and that works just like the full setup for a month. Setup the procedure then turn on the automatic defragmentation, and let it run in the background to clarify the fragmentation of everything you can. You can also run a defrag manually if desired.

In my opinion there is no need to worry about this as I feel is that this is not a major problem. The most general reason is that the file is accessed by some program. That's why most of the defrag utilities imply that you close all programs before endeavor to defrag. One of the things you can do when you encounter this situation is to look at the list of files not defragged and see if they are in use. If you are then close them and start to defragment again.