Thread: How to install backtrack 5 on dell streak 5?

How to install backtrack 5 on dell streak 5?

I have brought Dell Steak 5 two weeks ago and I was always eager to install Linux on it. And recently I have heard that backtrack team has developed Backtrack 5 ARM Version for mobile phones. I'm sure it won't be hard to port this over to the Dell Streak 5. But before porting I want to know the pre-requisites and the steps required to install backtrack 5 in my Dell Streak 5.let me know various ways of rooting and installing backtrack on my dell streak 5.

Re: How to install backtrack 5 on dell streak 5?

First, you should root your Dell Streak 5. I've tried several methods to eradicate Dell Streak 5, but without success. These methods need Windows system. I was about to brick my line. Auspiciously, I re-formatted the recovery image and prevented my dell streak. The current StreakDroid is 2.0.0 and is based on stock ROM 2.3.3. If you perform your streak will not be devoid rooting and the contract will be voided. The current ROM will be Streak Droid 2.0.0. Setting up of Backtrack 5 will not damage his run, as using VNC to fill the Backtrack 5 image. The aircrack-ng does not work correctly in the interface is eth0 instead of wlan0. No method to monitor the injection and not too much.

Before installing backtrack 5 on dell streak 5.you have to unroot your dell streak 5.for unrooting you need a tool name streakdroid .Download streakdroid and follow the instruction and unroot your dell streak 5 using those instruction. Now u need to resize the image of backtrack 5 arm version since sd card doesn’t not support more than 4 gb of data and backtrack 5 arm image size is more than 4gb.you specially need to download the resize version available for sd card. After downloading, open it and extract it and follow the instruction.

Following are the steps to install custom Rom on your dell streak 5.
    Step 1
    Download StreakDroid 2.0
    Step 2
    Turn off your Dell Streak 5. Long push "Vol Up" + "Volume Down" and then push "Power on". Long push keys until the home screen is a recovery mode. Select "2. Software update via SD card Update.pkg on" by pressing the "Camera". You will see a "Dell" logo and a "!" within a triangle. push "Power on" the next menu. Press "Vol Up" or "Vol Down" to move the cursor. Select "clear the cache partition" and "delete data / factory reset" by pressing the "Camera" one by one. After that, press the "Vol Up" or "Vol Down" to move the cursor. Select "sdcard: update.zip" by pressing the "Camera". Then select "Install". Seeing "Installation Complete", click "Exit" on the line to return to the previous menu. Then select "restart now." stay for the run of reboot. The first reboot takes longer. Please be impatient.
    Steps 3(optional)
    You will be able to install the next apps from the Market.
    (1) sysctl config
    (2) chainfire3D
    (3) Plugins for chainfire3D –
    (4) Remote Desktop
    Step 4:
    Install the following apps from the Market for the running of Back|Track 5.
    (1) Android Terminal Emulator by Jack Palevich
    (2) Android-VNC-Viewer by androidVNC team + antlersoft
    (3) Mocha VNC Lite by MochaSoft

Following are the steps to install backtrack 5 on dell streak 5
    Step 5
    Since Arm version of backtrack 5 is more than 4 GB and SD card does not support more than 4 GB of data .you need to resize size of the arm iso .Download the resize version available.
    Step 6
    Double click on the file which you downloaded .you can see following files inside that.
    bt
    bt.img
    startbt
    stopbt
    installbt.sh
    Create a director in SD card as bt. And copy all the files in this folder.
    Step 7:
    Run the following commands on the Terminal Emulator on your Streak.
    Code:
    su
    cd /sdcard/bt
    sh installbt.sh
    step is done once unless it is flashed or updated
    Step 8 :
    Run the following commands on the Terminal Emulator on your Streak.
    Code:
    startbt(Backtrack will start)
    bt
    Now you will come to Back|Track shell
    Step 9 :
    Under the Back|Track shell, run the following :
    Code:
    ui(will run vnc on your dell streak 5)
    Step 10 :
    push "Home" key on your dell Streak 5 and then run the applications "Android-VNC-Viewer".
    Nick : BackTrack (or bt for short)
    Address : localhost
    Port : 5901
    Password : 12345678
    Color Format : 24-bit color (4 bpp)
    Local mouse pointer : Enable
    Force full-screen bitmap : Auto
    Then, press "Connect". You will see the Backtrack 5 launched.
    ** The setting of the Android-VNC-Viewer will be remembered. That means you just type ONCE.
    Press "Home" to go to the Streak screen. Backtrack 5 is still running.
    Step 11 :
    To stop the Back|Track 5, .Run this command on shell
    Code:
    Killui(vncserver will stop)
    And then, run the following command:
    Exit the Terminal Emulator and then restart it.
    Code:
    Stopbt(Backtrack 5 will stop)
    Step 12 :
    To launch the Back|Track next time, you should repeat the Step 8 to 10. And stop the Backtrack just repeat Step 11.

Hey I have done this all stuff and I’m able to run backtrack on my dell streak but there are some issues which I like to tell you.
    1) Make sure you run "killui" and "stopbt" when Backtrack 5 is not necessary.

(2) The aircrack-ng cannot be adequately spread like interface is eth0 instead of wlan0. There is no way to control and no injection.

(3) Stated that an application SecManiac.com namely "ASTRO File Manager" can be extracted Backtrack 5 ARM image format SD card in FAT32 without problems. However, no test for me.

(4) Download MultiRecoveryFlasher in the previous source. Then flash "StreakMod-recovery" if you cannot flash the StreakDroid. In Ubuntu, you need not install any driver, but needs to run in the root. Go to root using the following command:
    Code:
    sudo -sH