Thread: Cannot access Windows C: partition

Cannot access Windows C: partition

I am getting a problem with my laptop. Yesterday the Windows vista was working fine in this but today when I boot up my computer, it tell me that there is no bootable device. I ran the HDD tests. Everything perfect along with the memory test. There is was no error log. At this moment here's the thing, inside the system recovery tool, I can way in the D: partition but I cannot access the c: partition. While trying to access as it tells it wants to be formatted. I think that my whole HDD is corrupted here. Is there any way to restore that partition without wiping?

Re: Cannot access Windows C: partition

Performing a Restore returns your computer to its original condition. Performing a reset will remove all software and files saved on the hard disk, reinstalling the original operating system and, finally, performing an initial configuration of the default programs. The restoration can be performed in four different ways that vary depending on computer model. The full recovery process can last from four to six hours. For best consequences, your PC should be connected to the Internet. For the duration of the process, will restart more than a few times. Do not turn off the PC and do not break off the recovery procedure until you notice the Windows desktop.

A PC running Windows Vista can mechanically fail in excess of in the setting Windows Recovery disk is exposed simply while a boot breakdown. At startup, the Windows loader places a position flag to point to the launch of the boot process and wipes out the display prior to Windows logo. If the boot effort fails, the flag is not empty. The next moment the PC for the reason that the flag is at rest activated the loader think that there has been a malfunction to launch and run the Windows Recovery Environment rather than Windows Vista.

Alternatively two or three simple solutions are applicable. Use the Advanced Boot Options [F5, F8 or other activated at boot time] to try to get back on the last valid configuration / Known Good [Vista/SP1], a system restore to an earlier date, provided of course a point of reference is available, or to repair system files. The feature "Last Good Configuration / Known Good" may be used only if the first computer is able to display the Advanced Options menu, or possibly the window Windows Error Recovery:

As the above post tell you can make use of the Advance boot options except be careful, it will be not capable to correct the issues caused through drivers otherwise system files misplaced otherwise spoiled. It simply utilizes the information recorded or stored for the duration of the shutdown in the last part of previous session to reinstate the condition registry settings as well as drivers. On the other hand, changes from the time when the last successful startup is vanished.

In my opinion the most excellent bet is rip the hdd out place it inside a external housing & observe if recuva can come across whatever thing otherwise minitool or else easeus or photorec. Word of caution do a read merely assuming you would like to save a number of files. If not you can pretty much perform what you wish for through c but prior to you do generate an image file of the D Partition if you make a decision to try a recovery of c partition with whichever of the software obtainable?

As it stands, the structure of the Vista DVD does not restore or retrieve any file system directly via a hypothetical case "i386" and the Expand command, or at least a folder named "dllcache" that does not exist either. The explanation is simple if you will, because in fact the installation DVD of Vista is very particular. It is indeed based on Windows PE 2.0 [Preinstallation Environment] to facilitate maintenance and deployment. This justifies in particular the installation mode based on a WIM [Windows Imaging Format] compressed to a size of 2.3 GB, a procedure that also helps to reduce the execution time and avoid errors scripts.