Thread: Ubuntu-partition deleted/grub shell rescue

Ubuntu-partition deleted/grub shell rescue

Most horrible doubts came accurate today. I formatted / dev/sda8 Ubuntu Linux installed. Now, after booting is declining (Shell rescue GRUB 2) food rescue> I tried ls (Hd0) (HDO, 1), (hd0, 2) come. My CD is not working, so I tried to start the installer by USB (unetbootin-windows-442). I set the BIOS to boot from USB, now I am getting the error "Operating system not found". What is the reason?let me know the proper instruction.

Re: Ubuntu-partition deleted/grub shell rescue

I am in Dubai, but am far from driving a beer with all the micro breweries around town. If you are planning to reinstall Ubuntu, a newly updated grub will be charged to your new installation. You need an installation CD or an external USB to boot. If you want to put Ubuntu still need a bootable CD. These are the other steps: If you do not have the windows recovery disk, you can download the ISO of Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

I have unbutu and Windows Vista on my system; I went to Disk Management to delete any partition now I cannot get back to my pc. I am getting an error message while loading Grub. I'm getting error saying there is no partition as I have tried all the commands. I look at all this forum and that work can someone help me please I'm trapped. Anybody knows how to recover back the lost partition. Let me know the proper instruction to do so.

I have the similar difficulty. Deleted my Ubuntu partition and now I am receiving Grub rescue. I tried Ubuntu-rescue-remix cd boot, separated from magic, and CD Ubuntu 10.10. In all cases it is as if not even read the CD. It simply says "reboot and choose appropriate boot device or insert boot devices in selected boot device and press a button”. I'm not against doing the fieldwork to calculate this, but if I cannot try to read a CD, I'm not sure what my options are. I will try again and make it through tomorrow a removable device. I lately moved and I contain a lot of items, such as a USB flash drive or my windows fixing disk 7. I am glad about the help. If someone is near Eugene'll buy a beer!

You can do recovery by using by windows vista or windows 7 discs. You can see the screenshot for the following.

Thanks for the rapid and extensive. I just moved here, but yes, I think I like most is the incredible variety of beers. It's crazy! Every time I go to the store I meet new API and porters that I've never heard of, much less proven. Anyway, I'm out of CDR / DVDR, so we'll have to wait until later today when I go to purchase a few more. I do not think that works, however, since as I said, not reading any bootable device, including an ubuntu DVD boot reinstall or repair. I have not try the leap drive yet, so it might work. And now I'm beginning to believe that windows 7 disk repair work as well. Thanks for the help.

After Reading all your above steps finally my problem is resolved. Above steps was so much simple and I was not able to figure out how to solve this problem. Now I can't believe how simple it was. I am SO retarded. Since I used a Mac, I thought the Mac automatically burned ISO images. It does, you just have to use disk utility. Everything is good now finally my problem got solved and I appreciate you for taking effort to solve our problem.