Thread: how to move window explorer in Ubuntu Linux

how to move window explorer in Ubuntu Linux

Hello friends, I had install a new Ubuntu Linux operating system in my pc as I’m new with Ubuntu I don’t know much things about it. Before I was using window7 in that whenever I hit windows key and direction I can able to move my window explorer where ever I needed but I don’t know how to do this with Ubuntu Linux operating system. Does anyone have any idea how to do this as I’m not getting it and had tried many things?

re: how to move window explorer in Ubuntu Linux

Hello, I had heard about the issue in Ubuntu Linux operating system. You can do this with the help of mouse gestures on Ubuntu Linux operating system. Most probably even I use window keys and by pressing windows key and direction don’t help me out. I had even set my mouse to the edge scroll but it’s not working and when I tried with window7 its working. I can’t understand what may the cause of the problem.

Hello, even I was having the same problem and had search for the guide online. I was having the problem with my mouse. One of my friends who is from technical field had told me to install ccsm which is and advanced setting panel in that you will find a key binding inside somewhere and my problem was solved but I remove Ubuntu as it keep crashing and giving the problem. You may try this it will definitely help you a lot to get rid from your problem.

Hello, have you run it with the WUBI or you had used a separate installation in other drive? Or you might have switched it to the classic gnome desktop. I’m facing the few problem like frequently crashes or some time even my title bar get disappear and could not get it back I had tried many things to get it back but it doesn’t fix my problem. I had read many online guides but it just makes the thing worse rather than fixing the problem.

Hello, it’s really simple to do this with the help of Easystroke application just follow the below step and you are done with it 1st install easystroke by searching for it on Google the install wmctrl and then try to involve wmctrl with the easystroke. To involve it with wmctrl just you need to open easystroke from application and then universal access and then click on add action button and then just apply the following command one by one.
    For right use the following command- WIDTH=`xdpyinfo | grep ‘dimensions:’ | cut -f 2 -d ‘:’ | cut -f 1 -d ‘x’ `&& HALF=$(($WIDTH/2)) && wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,maximized_vert && wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -e 0,$HALF,0,$HALF,-1
    For left use the following command- WIDTH=`xdpyinfo | grep ‘dimensions:’ | cut -f 2 -d ‘:’ | cut -f 1 -d ‘x’ `&& HALF=$(($WIDTH/2)) && wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,maximized_vert && wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -e 0,0,0,$HALF,-1
    For Maximize use the following command - wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,maximized_vert,maximized_horz
    For Unmaximize use the following command - wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b remove,maximized_vert,maximized_horz && wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -e 0,250,250,800,600
    If it shows the error then remove the quote .After that Add the gestures. You can do this by selecting record stroke button and then create it.

Hello, if you are not able to do this with the easy stroke then you can use compiz configuration manager that will set shortcut key for the appropriate action and it can be done much easier than the easy stroke as it emulate the keyboard key-events and compiz configuration manager is much more reliable then the easy stroke. So I would recommends t o use it if you use keyboard most probably and this will surely help you in getting the things done.