Thread: Backtrack 5 multiboot

Backtrack 5 multiboot

I'm using a triple boot system now.
    Windows XP
    Mac OSX
    Backtrack 4
    Just before stay behind it easy using the boot menu windows. For Mac OSX I chain0 and Backtrack 4 I boot part with installation of Backtrack boot loader on the partition that is used for installation. Now with just the Backtrack 5 installation does not start, I tried both ext3 and ext4 with the use and not using backtrack boot loader. Does anyone else have problems? Anyone else used any application for multiboot?

Re: Backtrack 5 multiboot

Windows XP
    Mac OSX
    backtrack 4
    and now you want to install now Backtrack 5 your asking for nuisance .Why Mac OSX approach to believe that the windows just install X86 Backtrack 5 main GNOME and configuring VirtualBox and run Windows inside, Max OS, etc, etc .with whatever is the configuration that is going to do huge and misplace single or all if essential to reinstall an operating system that can really mess up ahead I can see nightmares
    can download a tool multiboot usb boot and Backtrack4, Backtrack5 Mac OS and just leave the windows as their main, if that's what you want
    http://www.pendrivelinux.com/downloa...MI-0.0.1.2.exe
    which can be very hard to mutiboot OS installed like when something goes incorrect can be a complete waste of time and really is not realistic. So keep it short.

I am also trying to install Backtrack 5. I have Windows 7, OS X and now backtrack 4 deleted partitions. When I boot my backtrack 5 DVD and start the installation process in 50 GB of adjacent free space I created after deleting backtrack 4, I can’t put files in the boot loader on the Linux partition. I know that with Backtrack 4, might select the boot files to be installed on my deleted backtrack portion. (This would let drive my boot OSX.) So now I'm in difficulty and thinking back to Backtrack 4, and do not desire to ruin my Windows 7 and OS X installations.

I am running a triple boot with Windows 7, Ubuntu Gnome 10.10 and Backtrack 5-32. I just use Grub as my boot Backtrack 5. Never were a multi-boot Windows and OSX on the disk similar, though. Does that require something special or you can use Grub to resolve your issue? A minor change to the Grub conf. still file. It will make triple boot work and if you require any further help .you can reply here and I will solve your problem.

So to be honest, I have not even tried to install BT5, however, continues to operate outside the live cd and my usb to prove it. However, my experience with multiple high-definitions is to reinstall an operating system that has to reinstall all of them. I could be doing something wrong, but from my experience, is not as simple as just delete the no longer want and install a new one. I had seven, OSX and Ubuntu, and when the 7 necessary for transforming the redo the whole thing. Finally decided that was not worth it and now just make VirtualBox. Definitely understand the need for multiple OS. Each has its own advantages and its own fall. Nothing is perfect. So, given the situation where they need all three, and cannot have enough money to run virtual machines I would say that may have to believe reinstalling the whole thing from scratch. I know that was linked above and it works well for flash drives and I used another people call that good works, however, only ever flashdrives not too sure how well they will do for your situation. You may want to consider getting a desktop computer with 12 GB of RAM or something crazy like that so you can manage each operating system has 4GB + and slowdown problems too. Or my individual preferred two and run dual boot the third of a CD or USB, you do not use one too often.

This is not the case. You never have to reinstall all operating systems. In your case, you simply re-install windows 7, which remove the magazine of food (always) boot by default. All you have to do is save the menu.lst or / etc / default / grub of your grub install before installing the new operating system. Then restore the GRUB boot loader with a number of ways, and finally restore the file / etc / default / grub and menu.lst and modify it as necessary for the new operating system.

Just an update to let you know I got it to work. With a little of digging around I found a program called EasyBCD http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1
    As I use windows as my main operating system this program allowed me to add multi boot options using windows boot manager.My problem is that I use XP and EasyBCD requires the bootmgr from vista/Windows 7 and without it EasyBCD just won't work.The Solution is to copy the c:\windows\boot folder (its hidden) from you legal *GRIN* copy of Vista/7 to your XP machine and install it in the same location as before (c:\windows\boot).Then simply use EasyBCD to write a new MBR and it all seems to work. Of course this worked for me, if you try it and it kills your machine it’s not my fault. Do your research.