Thread: Deleting Backtrack 5 from hard disk

Deleting Backtrack 5 from hard disk

Here's Gparted screenshot from backtrack

I need your expert advice on these guys. Help me. Currently I have a dual boot Windows 7 and backtrack installed on my C: drive. Now I want to backtrack to completely remove from my system and only for windows 7 in that country. What is the best way to remove the partitions to back with food and just run Windows 7? I do not want to do it wrong by deleting all partitions belonging to backtrack and then finish with some boot error later, when the load of Windows 7.
    I ran back LIVE CD and tried to see if I could delete the sda2, sda5, but sda6 2 sda and sda 6 have the yellow padlock icon on them and could not be accessed or modified.
    So yes, I want to go back and food in my system. And resize the C: drive back to the way it was when Windows 7 was just installed. Should I delete the partitions backtrack Gparted Live CD and delete partitions in Windows Disk Management?

Re: Deleting Backtrack 5 from hard disk

There are very few programs that need to resize partitions, Google them right now. As for booting, delete partitions with Backtrack is almost certain that the boot leg. This is easily fixed by doing a quick fixmbr. Once grub is out, just format Backtrack partitions form a live CD for instance. if any one know further method than do let me know here. I’m looking for step by step instruction for deleting backtrack 5.

At least in Windows Vista after deleting partitions will not boot BT directly from the hard drive as a partition that will be to remove the charger contains GRUB. By removing the partition, smack, GRUB does not work no more and cannot boot from that disk. Instead, you need a bootable CD from which you can run fixmbr (fix master boot record windows utilities), which in turn regain the ability to boot from the Windows partition on your hard drive. So, uh, you better be sure you have a bootable CD handy before you start playing with partitions. You can find ISO images of the Vista boot disk on the web I guess you can probably find for Win7 so. I say this having done all the research, and burned a boot disk Vista, but have not done the actual partition to remove and reconstruct the process. Because I'm chicken shit up. Good blow my luck, and then again with the results.

I can use GRUB to boot windows 7 and reverse.
    Anyway, I have to delete the partitions and then fixmbr with my installation DVD of Windows 7. All is well, thanks everyone! Just Google and you will find many videos one that I found in YouTube is much is easier and quicker than that I found on many website. Even u can get quick and short tutorials on it. How to delete backtrack from hard disk.

You can also use dd command from Linux itself (it removes partition table):
    Code:
    # dd if=/dev/null of=/dev/sdX bs=512 count=1
    Just remove MBR, without the partition table (see comment below):
    # dd if=/dev/null of=/dev/sdX bs=446 count=1
    Replace /dev/hdX with your actual device name such as /dev/hda. Use fdisk -l command to find out device name:
    # fdisk -lOutput: 
    Disk /dev/sda: 251.0 GB, 251000193024 bytes
    255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 30515 cylinders
    Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
    /dev/sda1   *           1          13      104391   83  Linux
    /dev/sda2              14       30384   243955057+  83  Linux
    /dev/sda3           30385       30515     1052257+  82  Linux swap