Thread: Ubuntu 11.04 hangs during hibernate/reboot/shutdown on MSI A6300

Ubuntu 11.04 hangs during hibernate/reboot/shutdown on MSI A6300

I have purchased MSI A6300 notebook yesterday. I got Ubuntu 11.04 popularly known as Natty narwal operating system. I loved this laptop as well as the new version of Ubuntu. But I am having problem with this notebook or this operating system. When I try to hibernate, reboot and so on then it does not do so properly. I want to know whether it is a known popular issue that it hangs while performing shutdown, restart, and hibernate. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Ubuntu 11.04 hangs during hibernate/reboot/shutdown on MSI A6300

I had countenance the equivalent problem with an older version of Ubuntu. I actually realized that I had damaged clusters on the HDD. And I had to create my disk with the software I have been demanding to reinstall. Because the Ubuntu boot CD you omit the step of formatting and this point the installation hangs during installation of packages. This may be due to bad sectors. Just test the reliability of the hard disk prior to installing Ubuntu on it. You cannot have sectors. Format HDD partition before installing Ubuntu on it.

Remember to test the hard drive with hdparm. In any case, you can ensure that hangs around Ubuntu. It is often suggested in the graphical environment you can turn it on by pressing combination of ctrl,alt and backspace. If it fails, then try using combination of ctrl,alt and F1. This takes you to the control and then access the root account. Here you can use killall command to end the process to stop all services running in the background of Ubuntu. If problems persist, then it is best to start in text mode and of course provides the same graphical environment.

One friend also face this same problem and it is caused by the kernel, because something is wrong with the core of that time had no initiative about this, so that's why I had used manually restart and shutdown option, but after browsing the internet I found a good solution that we can use Live CD to boot the system. This involves you to reboot to insert CD and search for the causes that create problems in the core and shoot one by one. To view the reference code that is useful for you
    find / var / log /-type f-print0 | xargs -0 grep-iH 'off \ | poweroff \ | panic' | cut-d:-f1 | sort-u.
    If you run Live CD / var / log will be different.

Some time ago I also suffered from this issue before some time after I use a command that gives me a sense of knowing the terminal system how it works and how to solve issues or let off any shutdown problem of this type necessitate to "man command" in the terminal systems. You will obtain initiative about his termination system that can resolve this issue not including any help people. I think your system would hang on performing these activities.

First of all you need to know that something is wrong with the kernel or by using the Live CD, if there is any problem with the kernel can be checked with a code and solve, if you cannot get the correct solution to this then could also try downloading the latest kernel obtainable on the Internet upstream would be very good option for you. Allow the original developers to discuss the matter further, once you've tried the kernel; please remove the "needs-upstream-testing 'tag. So you have to click the pencil icon of yellow next to the label on the bottom of the description of the error and the need to delete "required upstream of evidence." After this you can check the result of.

My system, also got such issue when I tried to start off by then I had found by searching on Google that somewhat is wrong with the kernel. The core is known as a essential element which is available in most operating systems. This is a work as a bridge among the data processing done on a real hardware and applications. If corruption occurs, then it could be the reason that you are getting this problem. The easy way to solve this problem is to install new fresh copy of the kernel and use, or if you know how to create the new kernel then you can build your own.