Thread: File and Folder Properties got messed up

File and Folder Properties got messed up

I had recently cleaned my computer from 5 Star Support Forums but as recommend by my friend to post my issue here on this site, here is the issue: I have windows 7 installed on my computer.
    Mainly I have virus that was making almost every folder hidden on my computer. Then one of my friends suggested me to install and run Rogue Killer. As after running it on the system I thought that it have eaten my entire problem and but after looking further, I had noticed that only my Half of the hidden folder have comes to visible. But about the system folders that are made to be hidden had become part of the operating file and seem to be unhiding. And also comes up with errors on Internet Explorer 9, it was started occur from the time when I cleaned my system from malware and now whenever I start my IE, I use to get errors like, IE has stop responding and have to be close. Anyone have idea about this error and please suggest me to get rid of this. Thanks.

Re: File and Folder Properties got messed up

I think some weird services are creating this problem even including such problem which are seem to be inactive by now, so just follow the below mention step first to clarify and before making any change to the system: first you have to go in Start than write over there cmd.exe in that box and now it can be visible at the peak of the menu. Now you have click the right button of mouse on it and select "Run as administrator". And just after it copy past the below mention thing and press enter after each process.
    sc config akerneldrv start= disabled

sc config pcrasys start= disabled

and after completing with it write Exit and press enter to shutdown the command window.

Now you have to open you system in Safe Mode along with the networking, as for going into safe mode you have to press F8 key constantly while start up and from the option select Safe mode with networking and be sure that you disabled all your anti-virus that can interfere in the process, till the all process have been completed successfully, Now download the Gmer on your computer and install it after installing run Gmer and it will auto detect the default and will repair it accordingly and if any file is needed further than it will also give a notification for that.

Yeah using Gmer is the most perfect option for such issue as while completing the Scan by Gmer, if its shows some infection, then there is no need to press the Scan key again, as it can cause problem by detected malware so you have to click on the copy key over there and while click right on the desktop opt for "New" > Text document and after building up the file again right click and choose paste option and after successfully completing with above procedure you have to download “aswMBR” and install it and run scan process after completing the scan your hiding properties problem has been got to reset without any data loss, is it works for you or not post me here with a reply.

Here if according to report you hadn’t got any malware infection on your system than you are require to run a much stronger Scan on your system. As while doing this, confirm that you have inactivated any available software while running the scan tool, Now download and install Combofix.exe and click on the run button and allow to run scan on your system, don’t worry about any possible warning you are getting before running the scan.

And before running Combofix.exe you have to make sure that prior to that you have installed the Recovery Console, and after completing the scan you have been asked to enter the texted file which have been popped up after complete the Combofix scan and please be careful and don’t touch any key of your keyword and not even of your mouse while the scanning is in process and even by mistake you press any key than you have to restart your computer to keep your Data safe. And reply me here whether this have prove to be worked for you or not.

Even after trying combofix.exe it hadn’t shown any malware attack on your system than some problem have been created by malware which had been deleted by any of the anti malware scan, now be clear to continue while disabling temporary any Antivirus or other protective tools, now start the “Run” from the start menu and type notepad in it and press Enter and paste the codec in that codec box which had been mention below.
    RegLock::
    Code:
    [HKEY_USERS\.Default\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Approved Extensions]
    [HKEY_USERS\.Default\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ApprovedExtensionsMigration]
    [HKEY_USERS\.Default\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\User Preferences]
    And save this on the desktop as CFScript.txt. most probably your problem might get to end by doing this.