Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Backtrack 5 Live USB Install

Operating Systems

Old 20-06-2011

Backtrack 5 Live USB Install

Backtrack 5 I cannot start with KDE 64-bit from a USB device. I tried using the windows UNetbootin, Lili in windows and on Linux dd and the primary two left me with a doubt because nothing happened. While latter it does not boot at all. Just went straight to the Grub don?t know the exact issues .so anyone who can let me know the steps to create a live usb of backtrack 5.Let me know step by steps. So it will be easy for other who is facing similar problem.

Old 20-06-2011

Re: Backtrack 5 Live USB Install

I imagine you need to check the MD5 sum of the images you downloaded from the backtrack website and then you need to burn it into DVD or usb. Either u backtrack 5 run live or you be capable of installing it into your hard drive or in your usb. While burning it in to DVD you will be requiring burning tools like Nero or power iso and when installing in usb you will be require unetbootin, So that when you install backtrack 5 in your usb. After reboot you just need to connect your usb in your system while rebooting so that it can run your backtrack from your usb.
Old 20-06-2011

I m also facing similar difficulty. I?m having an HP Pavilion dm1.I have built a USB thumb-KDE-32.iso Backtrack 5 (I checked its md5 sum on another computer) when I try to run this is what I get. It eventually seems to start but I get a black screen covered with lots of gray lines .I don?t know what?s wrong with my backtrack 5 copy. It seems there is something wrong with my usb containing backtrack. I think I need to download fresh copy of backtrack from backtrack official website.
Old 20-06-2011

I have the similar difficulty. I used unetbootin and other programs. With the same iso I can boot from a dvd but not from usb.The usb works on other computers.Its weird connection because the same iso when I burn into dvd it works very well but when I installed in usb using some program it didn?t work for me but it works for my friends computer will appreciate if any post the steps to install backtrack 5 in usb.
Old 20-06-2011

Something comparable happened to me. I was going crazy trying to get it to boot from USB initially, it only had to look through the BIOS more carefully. Was the detection of the USB drive as a hard disk, and boot from it when I put the external drive as primary boot alternative in the boot device priority. I had another alternative that was the list of hard drives (in another tab it) and had to put my Kingston USB drive as the primary disk there. Maybe ensure if you have an alike alternative.
Old 20-06-2011

A rapid and easier way to install backtrack 5 on live USB. Size of usb should be more than 2 GB minimum.
1. Format usb drive to fat32
2. Save Unetbootin from http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net
3. initiate Unetbootin and select "Diskimage" (Backtrack 5 iso image)
4. Select your USB drive and select "OK".
5. Quit or Restart.
Old 05-07-2011

Hey guys I'm having the same exact issue with my dm1. It starts to boot then crashes showing a "static" type look on the screen. It does not even give me a chance to enter anything at the command line. I have attempted to use both the KDE and Gnome (64bit) versions to no avail. I know that unetbootin is working properly, and I am completing the booting procedure properly because Backtrack 4 r2 is running flawlessly on the same exact setup. I think the crashing my have something to do with this newer processor that the dm1 is utilizing. Any suggestions?

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,