Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7: unable to boot error message: startup repair offline

Operating Systems

Old 19-06-2011

Windows 7: unable to boot error message: startup repair offline

How to fix startup repair offline error on Windows 7. I am having this problem. My system was working fine. I had removed some programs. After that I had also installed some fresh updates on my system. On shutdown the system took really long time to respond. So I switched it off through power socket. Now when I am trying to boot I am having a booting problem. The system gives me error that Startup Repair Offline. What should I do to fix this problem.

Old 19-06-2011

You must never do that. Whenever there are new updates install them and do not force shutdown your pc. For fixing the problem insert a Windows installation dvd and boot from it. Then choose Repair instead of install. Click on Startup Repair. Follow the screen instructions. There are chances that your system would get back to normal as it was before.
Old 19-06-2011

Re: Windows 7: unable to boot error message: startup repair offline

I had ran into the same issue some weeks ago. My system was stuck on shutdown after installing new updates. I was not able to figure out what to do here so I turned off the system. The next day system failed to boot. I tried various things to fix the issue, but it was not working. Atlast I had re-installed windows back again and the issue was resolved. So you have to also do the same thing.
Old 19-06-2011

If you are unable to restore windows and you want to backup your data then you can go ahead using a live cd. You can try a ubuntu or windows live cd for the same. Through which you can copy the data and save it. Then you can go ahead with full installation. That is the best way to fix the issue. Next time whenever you have new updates leave the system aside until those updates are installed.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,