Thread: Backtrack 5 KDE Effects

Backtrack 5 KDE Effects

I have downloaded Backtrack 5 and have some doubts about the original way the look settings are organized. In Backtrack 4 r2 nearby was one border where you might right to use all of the settings from. Now present there are about 4.every time you click something, this actually annoying icon bounces approximately with your cursor; can you put out of action that? There is as well a glow around the windows; can you alter the color of the glow? It looks awful red on a say, green background. When you auto-hide the taskbar it takes about an eon for it to shift into place, which might look showy, but is not very helpful; can I disable that too? Also, the sign in screen manager crashes whenever I contact it. Anyway, I have to cheer you on a set of other things that I don't have time to talk about.

Re: Backtrack 5 KDE Effects

The red glow roughly windows can be altered in: Settings > System Settings > Workspace Appearance > Window Decorations ; you will observe a catalog of windows decorations, you can decide a new one, or scroll down to "Oxygen" and tick to emphasize, then tick "Configure Decoration". The red color is below the "Shadow" tab. Change to colour you like. Disable the screen effects" from above may repair your task bar auto-hide difficulty too but if not, it's anywhere in desktop possessions I imagine.
    I'm not convinced about your sign in screen. Are you using many users? You shouldn't see a KDE login screen if you're booting properly.

Tip to make applications look better under KDE.

Code:
    apt-get install gtk-chtheme qtcurve
    Then: Alt + F2 and enter gtk-chtheme. Choose QtCurve and Apply. That should help the overall look of many apps like Synaptic under KDE.

Before:

After

I don’t recognize why or how but I manage to twist the special effects twice. What I mean is that the opengl end working, give error that it unsuccessful to start due to several configuration trouble, and the "All Effects" tab went blank. First time i didn’t find and workout so i just reinstall the distro. Second time I finally found arg visual value went 0 went to 1. I don’t know that made effect bad. Anyone having similar problem.

I found out there Is some change in taskbar timing. It is either one of two things. I disable all effects than I noticed that KDE doesn’t not like going to no effect mode. I’m in mess. Then I located a file names appletsrc which is located in kde folder. Under kde folder we have share folder inside that we have config file which have zvalue. I did not know what it does. I changed it from 6 to 0 now taskbar hides automatically .Now my taskbar work as I want. After reading manuals I found that KDE supports application.

Code:
    apt-get install kdehelpcenter4