Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Getting BSOD saying multiple IRP complete requests

Operating Systems

Old 18-06-2011

Getting BSOD saying multiple IRP complete requests

I am having a desktop computer on which I am using windows vista operating system from past two years. The problem which I am facing now, have never occurred from these years. Actually when I started my computer then I got a BSOD which displayed MULTIPLE IRP COMPLETE REQUESTS message. I am unaware of this message so need help from you guys. I have observed that most of the queries here are been solved and thus even I have hopes that I could get the solution for the same.

Old 18-06-2011

Re: Getting BSOD saying multiple IRP complete requests

In this case I think that this is a Windows XP Executive character-mode STOP message. Well after going in deep study on this error message I found that it point to a try was made to finish an IRP (I/O request packet). Not only one time but for several times. I guess the input request was made possible by more than one driver. So better you check the logs of the Event Viewer for gaining additional information which you would find under administrative tool.
Old 18-06-2011

I tell you that it is the problem of the some kind of software. I used to get BSOD quite often like after 2-5 minutes after just turning on my computer. This I was getting before, but after I found a solution for it, I fixed the same. I got to know that it was because of the RAM, well same would be with you, so check for your system RAM and clean it to remove one problem. Also I think if you have installed any win security software then remove such from your computer.
Old 18-06-2011

If you have done some kind of overclocking on your computer then it is one of the possible reasons for such blue screen. So reset all the settings that you have done on your computer. You can reset the same using BIOS and load the defaults. Also look for the BIOS cache option and disable it from there as it is causing the memory problems on your computer. After doing all the settings save all of them and restart the computer, and I guess the BSOD won?t arrive.
Old 18-06-2011

I would like to do one settings on your computer. When you start and boot to windows then first go to my computer properties. Then on that dialog go to the advanced settings of your computer. There you have to look for the recovery option. There you need to open that option and you will get several check box from that just uncheck write debugging and apply those settings. I think that this will remove the BSOD from your computer.
Old 18-06-2011

Update your antivirus and do a scan of your entire system in safe mode with networking, if possible. If the scan finds nothing, you can try to get malware bytes, then update it in safe mode with networking, as recommended do another scan. If both tests find nothing, and cannot do system restore, the next attempt is to do a repair install of XP with the XP installation disk. Hope this process makes the system working normally.
Old 19-06-2011

In order to figure out the exact problem on your system, you should try minimizing the processes running on your computer. Unplug the unnecessary device from your computer. Most probably the wifi network card, some of the USB device; this way you would know the problem by testing each way. Also perform the windows update service on your computer to get the updated files of your operating system.
Old 19-06-2011

Well here even I think that it is probably a driver problem. I am not much sure about this but possibly it is due to any of USB filter drivers, USB wifi network interface driver or some of the chipset driver. So to tackle with this problem you should look for all the updated version and if in your system these are outdated then update them by having a fresh one by downloading it from the official site. Thus the update process would make the system up to date.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,