Thread: How to create a password list for Backtrack home hub 2 for psk cracking?

How to create a password list for Backtrack home hub 2 for psk cracking?

I’m trying to crack my WPA2 CCMP PSK on my BTHomehub2.I have captured the four-way handshake but now I'm at a defeat. The key is not dictionary based word as it seems to be a ten char hex string (I don't know if this is accurate for all of them, but it positively seems that may as extract and my parents key both fit that explanation).I'm not sure if there is a method to brute-force it with settings to only look for a ten character hex string. My script- is broke so does anybody recognize a way to generate a list for the whole key space (0000000001 - ffffffffff)? Help needed

Re: How to create a password list for Backtrack home hub 2 for psk cracking?

I imagine that the default wpa key is 10 characters long consisting of 0-9 and the letters a-f (in lower case)I'm in doubt that there's a normal pattern either e.g. the letters don't seem to be permanent in the same position for each password, I have seen a few and they are all in a mess. I have been looking at this on and off for some moment and haven't actually established a high-quality way of generating a dictionary file for these. This is how I was going about it before; maybe you could get better on what I'm doing.

Yes it is ten characters a-f 1-10. If i considered right password list is about a trillion combinations. I tried over 1/2 billion and gave up. I would take ages and a lot of break to make a absolute list. I think once pre hashed was over 50gb.I used a password generator in which u will be able to set to make what u want. All mine were random and it checks for repetition. Then I used Pyrit with CUDA, to make the pre hashes. If anyone comes up with a better method would be lovely. Only reason I tried because BT told a customer it was not possible to crack. Well it’s damn hard, not impossible! Pyrit is absent from Backtrack 5, a big error, but can be installed.

Actually your idea was not correct of just how large it would be. Arithmetic fails on my fraction. I was thinking 16+16+16.Not 16*16*16.The perils of working when tired! My friend gave me a total list size of >11TB for it UNhashed. SO I presumption I won't be liability that! I was in progress looking into Pyrit, but I was running in a Virtual Machine, so I can't install the desirable drivers to get the CUDA support running for it. I presume that I will have to install to Hard Drive (or USB) at some point to give it a try.

Hello guys i am running 2x 465gtx cards (I am looking for a board that can handle 4) and get around 60k pmks. It takes me 4 days to punch through every number to 10 digits If I run pyrit on my i3 laptop NOT at the bottom of cuda I get as a lot of PMKs as aircrack would give me (about 1200 PMKs) If you contain the rainbow tables then just pipe it to cowpatty in its place or do it in the cloud.

Hello guys I’m noticing that you’re not using -u switch to suppress the information on wordlist size and line (word) count. According to my tests it has not negatively affected the results (not using the -u switch that is), however interested to hear whether you have experienced the same on a continuous basis. I think you should use the following command
    Code:
    ./crunch 10 10 1234567890abcdefg | pyrit -e ssid -r ssid.cap -i - attack_passthrough