Thread: Getting KB2393802 installation update shield loop

Getting KB2393802 installation update shield loop

I use windows XP SP2 operating system on my computer. I think other configurations are not needed to be mentioned here as I think it is some software issue. I am getting the update shied which asks me to do the update. It says KB2393802 installation on my computer. So to get rid of it, I just did the update. But the problem is that I get this continuously after few minutes or seconds. I am worried about this as before one year I was not having any problem and suddenly this one. So let me know some solutions to this problem.

Re: Getting KB2393802 installation update shield loop

As far as I know KB2393802 update is associated with updating the operating system kernel. And as you are using Windows XP SP on the computer so you should navigate to the downloaded file path. I guess when you are trying to perform the update then it is just getting downloaded but not getting installed. So go to my documents or certain download path and install it from there by clicking on it. I guess it will work and the update shield won’t come up.

Here I can let you know a technique from where you can determine if the update is installed or not.
    • For this you have to look for the windows update utility, usually on the main start menu.
    • Once you get that then you have to look for option called Review your update history.
    • You must find the recent entry of the update. You have to see the icon that appears in the status icon. If the icon color is green, then that particular update installed. Cover icon is red, then update is not installed on the computer.
    • Another way is to see the installation log file by entering '% windir% \ KBnnnnnn.log' command in Run without the quotes and press enter.

I think that if your computer is not having any security software then probably I guess that there is some malicious program issue on your computer. May be there are some malicious programs like a virus or a spyware attack on your computer. So first thing you should do is to update your computer with latest antivirus software and then you should install the windows update on your computer. You might know that popular antivirus available is Kaspersky, Norton, etc.

Yes definitely it is a update of Microsoft. Else go to official site and then download then update from there and then manually install it on your computer. This will make your system updated. Even if you are getting the update shield again then as you know that your OS is updated, so you don’t need Microsoft to alert again. Thus you should disable the Automatic process by going to control panel. Doing this the system would not look for the updates and thus would not show the screen again.

Trying the above solutions doesn’t work, then I would advise you one more thing which you should try, possibly this will eliminate the loop of update shield on your computer. You should go to safe mode when you power on your computer. Once you get your main screen then perform the updates, if you get the update shield. Else manually perform it as mentioned above. Just after the process gets completes then restart the computer and boot it normally.

I guess you can avoid this update shield by removing the KB2398302 listing from add remove program. So look there and remove it. Well there is standalone version available, so you can download it on your computer and then install the same. You can get assured that when installing it, if it fails then your computer is up to date. So don’t hesitate of that message and turn the updates off to finally get rid of this.