Thread: Sony DVD-R AccuCore not recognized by Windows

Sony DVD-R AccuCore not recognized by Windows

Please help me! I was assigned to take video with some classmates. We used a Sony Camera that used DVD-R AccuCore 1.4 GB. As I was in charge did the filming and after finishing, we watched the clips on t the camera. It worked at that time then one of my mates took out the DVD from the camera and inserted it again in the camera. They could see the videos but said something was wrong. After that I came home and bought the DVD with me as it was not my camera. I inserted that DVD into my computer but the windows did not recognized the DVD. It just kept loading about 10 minutes after that it said the DVD was unformatted and it need to formatted before its use. Please help me!!

Re: Sony DVD-R AccuCore not recognized by Windows

Check whether you inserting the DVD properly or not. Also check that you inserting the Proper DVD. If it’s fine with inserting then there is possibility of hardware related problem with your DVD driver which is making it unable to read the DVD-R and taking much time for loading. Problem such as there might me dirt in the Lens etc.Go to your friends place and try inserting your Sony AccuCore DVD-R into your friend’s computer it might work. See to it that your friend having DVD driver in his computer

Try inserting the Sony DVD-R AccuCore after performing this steps such as check all the cables, monitor, keyboard and mouse functionality then remove the disk and try to clean it with a commercial cleaning fluid that is available in market or a clean damp cloth. Also try to clean the disk drive with a disk cleaning CD or DVD. If not then Stop or Exit from all other applications that maybe taking up too much virtual memory or CPU.

Another possibility of your unformatted DVD-R is that while the DVD was removed and again inserted it might been corrupted or accidently pressed some buttons of the Sony camera. This corrupted DVD-R is leading to its loading when inserted in the Driver. If this is the case then your clip cannot be recovered from the corrupted DVD. The clip is lost permanently and it is no longer useful to you. Hence forth whenever you take a clip try avoiding this kind of accidents.