Thread: Chrome Operating System on Asus EEE 1015

Chrome Operating System on Asus EEE 1015

Hi guys I am having the ASUS EEE 1015 model in which I am running the windows 7 which works best, but recently I have heard about the chrome OS, thus I have decided to install that operating system in my machine, but don’t know whether it will work properly or not, because I haven’t used any windows in my machine ever, since I get my netbook. And this is the first time I am going to use another operating system, thus I want to ask the same only, shall I install it or stick with the one I have? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Chrome Operating System on Asus EEE 1015

Yeah that’s good as you are moving forward, according to me there should not be any issue regarding the laptop model, thus you can install any windows in your machine. and off course as this is the operating system from the google you’ll get good benefits of that. and after all installing the windows is not the big deal. You can do it on your own also, before that I would say you should buy that windows from the computer store, or you can simply download also.

Rather than the windows that you have mentioned I would suggest you, at this point in their respective evolutions, Ubuntu is extremely easier to install than Chrome, and off course together with that it will give your netbook niche life. I have the machine from asus only which boots in 25 seconds, shuts down in 10, and approximately all programs load in the minimum seconds. Thus my recommendation I towards Linux only.

Installing the windows is not difficult; I would like to give you the steps for installing the windows. First of all you need to have the chrome OS and the virtual box software, unzip that software in your machine, given name to Virtual Machine and locate OS and type to other, after that Set the base memory size, and then it will ask you for Create a new hard disk thus follow the steps and restart hard drive and then mentioned that type of storage, I did dynamically expanding storage. Now allocate your hard disk space, Run your new Virtual Machine, the browse the image of your OS that you have downloaded, and then select install.

I would suggest you that you should stick with the one you have because I have heard that there are many problems in the chrome OS, I have the windows 7 and it works very fine, as it has a very good functionality in it, and most importantly it doesn’t need any drivers to be installed after the installation of the new windows, because they all are already built in the operating system.

As you have decided that you want to install the new operating system I would say that’s good, there are many ways through which you can achieve this, as the above user mentioned, this was also one of the best techniques, rather you can install the same through the USB also. You just have to make the USB bootable before installing the windows and then transfer the .ISO file in the pen drive. And off course for installing using the USB you have to make change in the BIOS also, make the First boot priority to the USB stick, and you are ready to go. Enjoy.