Thread: D3dx9_42.dll file missing on windows 7

D3dx9_42.dll file missing on windows 7

I am facing a bit issue while installing NFS on my system. I had tried various stuff to fix this thing but it is not working. I am having a quiet good system which has 1TB hard drive, 8GB ram and ATI HD 5770 graphic card. I have a Dual core cpu. At the time installing NFS through game cd I am getting D3dx9_42.dll file missing error on Windows 7. What should I do.

You are not having the latest version of DirectX in your pc. Due to which you are getting the issue. You have to go on the official website of Microsoft and download the latest version of DirectX. Install that first and then go ahead with installing the game. This is the best way to get rid of problem you are facing. I had gone through this problem in many games. The problem is resolved after updating DirectX.

Sometime this issue also occur due to damage dll file. You can see the file name in the error itself. To fix that you can download this file. You have to put that inside System32 which is located in the Windows folder. Just download the file and scan it with your antivirus before moving. Do not just blindly add anything. There can be issue later on. Reboot your system after adding the file and install the game once again.

I got this error on GTA. I had tried replacing the file manually but it did not worked. The last thing I did is ran windows update and the problem was solved. My system is working fine now. You can also do the same thing. Instead of manually copying the file just go ahead with windows update. You will receive the latest version of DirectX through update itself. And then go back again with game installation.