Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Linux Mint 10 on Lenovo G560

Operating Systems

Old 12-06-2011

Linux Mint 10 on Lenovo G560

I am using Lenovo G560 and in my laptop I am using windows vista in my laptop. Before some days I have installed Linux mint in my laptop successfully. While installing the Linux in my laptop I didn?t get any error and my laptop was working fine. But now I am getting one problem with my laptop now whenever I try to use the headphone in my laptop while using Linux at that time I am getting sound from my speaker only but I am not able to get the sound from headphone.

Old 12-06-2011

Re: Linux Mint 10 on Lenovo G560

I have gone through your post and I think you are facing this problem because there might be something wrong with your sound setting. First of all I would like to suggest you that first check your all sound setting is perfect or not? After doing all the sound setting properly insert the headphone again in your laptop and after that I think you will not get any issue. I hope this solution will be helpful to you and you will be able to solve the problem.
Old 12-06-2011

If you are trying to say that after installing the Linux you have started facing this problem and if you are also using the windows vista in your laptop then I think you have to first restart the laptop and after that start the windows vista and then insert the headphone again in your laptop and after that check whether same problem is coming or not? If you are not facing the same problem with windows vista then I think you need to install the Linux again after that you will not get this problem again with your laptop.
Old 12-06-2011

I have faced this type of problem in my laptop also ands after that I have tried to solve the problem by searching on the internet and after that I have found the solution. You can solve this issue by installing the ALSA driver 1.0.23. First download this driver in your laptop. You can find ALSA driver easily on internet as ALSA stands for Advanced Linux Sound Architecture. I hope after doing that your laptop will not give any problem.
Old 12-06-2011

Upgrading your Linux may fix this issue. I am not sure about this but you should try to upgrade your Linux to latest version. Download the latest version of Linux from internet and after that install it in your laptop. Now after installing it in your system you have to install the ALSA driver which matches with the version of your Linux. Now after installing the ALSA driver check whether same problem is coming or not? if you still get the same problem then let me know?
Old 13-06-2011

I have tried to fix the sound issue in so many ways in my Linux but after that also I was facing the same issue with my laptop. Now after doing that I have downloaded the latest version of Linux and then I have installed in my laptop and I have also downloaded the ALSA driver and installed that driver also. Now after doing that I restart the laptop and then I check whether sound is coming perfectly or not. Now all the things are working properly. Thank you for help.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,