Thread: Blank monitor until I reach the Windows login screen

Blank monitor until I reach the Windows login screen

I am using a desktop computer in which I am using Windows vista and windows 7 and all the things were working fine. Some days before I tried to install the Chromium operating system in my computer but at that time It did not boot successfully and after that when I restart the computer from that time my monitor is showing no signal till it reach to the windows login screen. Now please tell me what I should do to get rid out of it. Please give me some solution regarding that.

Re: Blank monitor until I reach the Windows login screen

I have referred your problem and I would like to suggest you that if you are using graphic card then try to start the computer after removing the graphic card. If this trick does not help then insert your one of the operating system CD in your computer and after that check whether boot screen is coming or not? First try to solve this problem by following this above tricks and after that check whether same problem is coming or not? I hope my given ideas will be helpful to you.

According to me you can solve this problem by clearing the CMOS battery. I would like to suggest you that first remove the CMOS battery from your CPU but make sure that you don’t do anything wrong with other parts of your CPU while removing the CMOS battery and after that clean it properly and then put it again at its place. Now after that start the computer again and check whether you are able to see the boot screen or not? if you still not able to see the boot screen then please let me know.

After reading your above solution I have tried to start the computer after inserting the operating system CD but when I restart the system after inserting the operating system CD at that time also monitor starts at windows login screen only. I also tried to remove the CMOS battery but I didn’t find it easy because I have never done anything like that if you can provide some help me about how to remove it then it will be very helpful for me. Please reply me as soon as possible.

As you have requested for CMOS instructions then I will help you with it. you follow this steps to clean your CMOS.
    • First of all you have to turn of the computer and remove all the plug from the sockets and after that wait for some times till capacitors and coils gets discharge completely.
    • Now after doing that now open the CPU and then you will see the CMOS jumper which you have to move to clear position.
    • Now after doing that wait for sometimes till CMOS gets cleared.
    • After doing that bring CMOS jumper to its main position.

Now plug your computer again and after that check whether problem gets solved or not. I hope after doing that you will not get the same problem.

As you have mentioned all the steps in above post about removing the CMOS battery and cleaning it, after reading that I have performed all the steps and I have cleaned the CMOS battery and after cleaning the CMOS battery I have put back it to its original place. Now after doping that when start the computer again at that time I have my computer didn’t give me any problem. Now all the things are working fine. Thank you so much for helping me.