Thread: What is actually OS which is counted in system configuration?

What is actually OS which is counted in system configuration?

I am new to computer field I have heard people using word OS what is it and what is dose? I think it is Operating system but is not sure please help me? I tried to find regarding this on internet but I am not able to gather some appropriate information for this query. So that’s why I am posting my question here. I am sure that someone will help me to solve your issue. I am out of ideas now. So please share your views as soon as possible thank you.

Re: What is actually OS which is counted in system configuration?

Yes, you are right when people are talking about OS they mean operating system. And operating system is the most important program which is running on computer and it is required to run other application on your computer. operating system also performs a task to recognise the external hardware peripherals like keyboard mouse monitor scanner and all basically what you need to know as a begineer is OS is one of the most important word when you are talking abour computers.

Software which consist of data and programs which are running on the system dealing to manage the hardware resources of system is knows as operating system.for diffrent application software it provides common services for displaying . This software is found on each and evry computer existing on this earth.Lost of diffrent companies ahve came up with this operating systems such as windows with difrent version diffrent functionalities and various advantages and disadvantages, ubuntu , fedora, linux, mac are the other diffrent OS in existing, windows is the OS which has has the highest marketing till the day.

oohhh yes OS is the short form of operating system and actually a system without an operating system is of no use because all the softwares which are goin to run on computers are goin to run on the platform of the operating system and the displaying part is also taken care by this operating system. All the diffrent operating system has diffrent platforms diffrent gui and diffrent funtionalities, all the version of windows has been a get success in the market and it has been nice marketing by windows with there OS.

Yes OS means operating system. If you are just a common user for computer and you just want a general view about operating system then what you only need to know is operating system is that software which is the first application to be installed on your computer and it helps you to have a graphical display and use other application on your computer and without your operating system installed on your computer your system is useless.