Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2011

How to fix ?rundll32.exe bad image? message on boot

I have installed Windows XP on my system and everything was working fine for last one year without any issues. But yesterday late at night I started getting a popup continuously after restarting my computer. After restarting I got an error message saying that “rundll32.exe bad image”. What am I supposed to do to solve this error message, can anyone please help me out? Thanks
Old 06-06-2011

Re: How to fix ?rundll32.exe bad image? message on boot

Try to boot your computer in Safe Mode and see if that helps. To do this, restart your computer and then press F8 continuously. You will get Advanced boot menu option and here you need to select Safe Mode. Now after booting in this mode, check if the issue is re-appearing or not. If it is not reappearing then you can try to configure your pc in clean boot state and check if the problem happens again, go to this link for the clean boot method - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353
Old 06-06-2011

I think that there could be a problem of virus in your pc, so try to eliminate it as soon as possible and to do that download a tool called Microsoft Safety Scanner from here - http://www.microsoft.com/security/sc...s/default.aspx. The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.
Old 08-06-2011

Even I believe that the problem you are facing is caused by a virus which might be still active in your pc or it might not be properly removed. So, you can download and install a antivirus called Malwarebytes and scan thorougly your computer with this tool. It will help you to clean your Temp files and other hidden files in the temp locations. Hope this helps

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,