Thread: Getting Unable to open HP PML Driver process message

Getting Unable to open HP PML Driver process message

I have recently bought a HP printer which I plugged to my computer. After this I installed all the drivers that I was having with the CD, then printer worked fine. Then I observed many process on task manager which were running so I end up all the processes from there and I went to services and there I set these process as manual. But as I turned my computer again then I was not able to check the ink levels. I don’t know why this happened so please help me to overcome this.

Re: Getting Unable to open HP PML Driver process message

I think it is due to change in some settings. So you should revert all these settings back so that you can get the ink level again. I guess when you were trying to change the process or ending the process, at that time the ink process might have gone disabled. So I recommend you to start all these process again and then also set all these process to automatic so that it gets normal again. I guess this would work and probably help you to solve the problem.

Yes he is perfectly right, you are not able to check the ink levels may be because the process which does this task is not started actually. As you end up many processes, you should have noted this before that which process does which task and accordingly disable that as you want. So I searched for that process and found that there is process named HPZipm12.exe which needs to be executed in order to get the ink levels. So start this process manually and set this for permanently automatic.

Thanks for the replies and giving me some solutions. I just tried to revert these settings which were done by me, so when I went to services and was set these process to automatic then I was getting the unable to open process PML driver for writing message. So I tried this using msconfig utility but it asks me for administrator password, but the thing is that I am administrator so why is it asking me for password. My printer is working fine, just ink levels are not shown here.

The system is verifying that whether you are a administrator. I know this should not be, but you just try putting the administrator password there and then check whether you are allowed to set that process to automatic again. Else you might need to update the HP printer drivers. I guess the drivers might have got corrupted so have a newer version of your HP printer model from their support site and then I guess the problem would be solved.

After searching a lot for this query I actually understood the exact problem which would help you out. This includes in manipulating the registry, so type regedit in run dialog and then it would open registry editor. Then locate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\. There you need to look for the security key of the example service. Just copy this value and then look for PML service and then its security settings and here create a new binary value and paste the value here. This would solve the problem.

I would like to thank all again in order to reply for this post. It was bit difficult for me to perform registry settings. But any how I did that and after applying these settings, I checked whether the problem still exists and then there was the same problem. So after this I rebooted the computer and then checked that again and the problem was solved. So these solutions really helped me a lot in order to solve the problem of this PML driver. I would now on continue posting in this forum site.