Thread: Getting error:”REGSVR32 SHMEDIA.DLL” missing on windows vista

Getting error:”REGSVR32 SHMEDIA.DLL” missing on windows vista

I am getting REGSVR32 SHMEDIA.DLL error on Windows Vista. This error is quiet constant and I am unable to get rid of the same. I tried various option but nothing looks to be working. I am also having problem with checking the preview of images and videos thumbnail. Can anyone help me to get rid of this problem. I do not have windows installation disc, so I can't go ahead with re-installation.

Re: Getting error:”REGSVR32 SHMEDIA.DLL” missing on windows vista

I will recommend you to download the file that I had provided in the attachment. You will need winrar to open this file. This file has a tiny fix that can help you to get rid of this error. All you have to do is download and run this file. This file will just replace the REGSVR32 SHMEDIA.DLL which will stop the error. If this does not work then go ahead with system restore. It is also a good way to fix this problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

There is one simple way of fixing this problem. It is one of the most common utility that you can use in windows for almost any problem. You have to run system file checker utility. You just have to type sfc /scannow and hit enter in cmd. Ensure that you are logged in the admin account. Just run this. This tool will scan your system for damage file and will replace it. If this does not work then you can try running a repair setup through windows installation disc. You will have to arrange one.

Vista has too much issue. I am planing to install Windows 7. My friend has upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 and it is working really fine. I am getting the same problem from long time. I tried windows update and now going to run that SFC things. If that also did not work I will upgrade my system to Windows 7. I think that would be the best way to get rid of this problem.

Re: Getting error:”REGSVR32 SHMEDIA.DLL” missing on windows vista

vista suxkssssssss...install xp or 7