Thread: Is there available NetBackup 7.0 and 32-bit Solaris

Is there available NetBackup 7.0 and 32-bit Solaris

Hello everybody, I am employer of a software company. I use the UNIX operating system. I am keen interested for enhancing my main server to NetBackup 7.0, but I have read on the net that support for 32-bit UNIX operating system has been stopped. Does it mean that my main server will not be capable to back up my existing 32-bit Solaris clients after it is enhanced to 7.0? so please tell me how can I solve this problem? I am very upset with this problem. I hope you will give response very soon.

Re: Is there available NetBackup 7.0 and 32-bit Solaris

Ok, Actually I had faced this problem 6 months ago. I had tried to solve this problem. But I was getting unable that time. But now I have a little bit of solution of this problem. You should still capable to recover the data from your 32-bit operating system. But you will have to check the latest version operating system into the compact directory for NBU7 because I heard about this solution. if now still exists then you can definitely take the backup.

I want to tell you some steps. May be it would some help you. I have know about the some command related this problem. I think you should apply at least once. Present main server version and Operating System, present client version and Operating system. This is only for UNIX/LINUX operating system.
    $ cat /usr/openv/netbackup/version
    OR
    $ cat /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/version
    AND
    $ uname -a
    Then after every clients and server your arising question about.

As I know about this it was not accurately what we were attempting to find across. But it is fundamentally right. What I was attempting to speak. It is only your 32-bit clients. It should be should still be ok with a NB7 master as long as they were at a supported level of NB6.5 for example. I want to tell you that you have best option to know this problem on the Linux site. You will find the sufficient solution or matter. So you should visit the Linux website.

According to me, I am telling you that what I know about the NBU 7. Actually NB7 is runs for clients. But as I know about the 32 bit Solaris operating system. It is able to run on the Solaris operating system. I don’t know more about how does it run on the Solaris? But I know that you will install the NB6.5x and then after you will install at the master NB7. I hope you will success in your task. But you can these steps on the internet. There you will get how to install on Solaris 32-operating system