Thread: Getting Factory Restore Error wimapplyimage fail

Getting Factory Restore Error wimapplyimage fail

Hello guys i am having a Acer Aspire 5738Z laptop and have a windows vista operating system in it, well its been a year old and it has started to give me some signs of getting old, recently it just refused to get started up it seems that it was completely locked up so I thought of going with the factory restore method on trying with the method well I was able to get started very early but after some time I don’t know a fault came up and it was showing that wimapplyimage fail. error: 0x45d, so again I tired with the same method again the same error so I am really in a big fix on what to do with the problems can you all please help me in this situation.

Re: Getting Factory Restore Error wimapplyimage fail

Well I have read your problem carefully and after having read your problem I can say that the error which is pointing towards the 0x45d it says that request cannot be performed because of some i/o error so can ber a hardware issue it will be better if you can open up the laptop and look out for the solutions in it accordingly I think that will be the ideal solution for you in this circumstances, so just check out for any hardware problem and let’s see what else can be done of that.

I would advise you to have a check with the vista recovery disk, in that disk you will be getting the option of repairing your computer, so go and try to find that CD if you can find it then it’s well and good for you otherwise you can burn the iso file in the CD iso files are easily available in the internet so that’s what I am saying here, do look in the suggestions that will be of good help for you. You will be finding some steps and accordingly follow it, so do let me know if that was beneficial for you.

Yes exactly I did that and you will not believe me I ran the Start Up repair about 10 times but that did not prove to be any beneficial for me so that’s of no use one more thing that I would like to say here is that I even tried with the system restore but that also did not help me anything and hence no use for me as well, so try giving me some other solutions, yes that’s a big mistake from my side that I did not mention about the solution in the above posts so that’s my mistake and I accept it, however if you can give me some other solutions for it then it si well and good for me, so hope you will give me some as soon as possible.

Ok if you have done that then let me tell you that you cannot find the bootsect.exe file in it, the bootsect.exe is a very much important file that is required for Manually Repairing the Vista Bootloader, so try downloading that file from the internet and also one more thing that I would like to say here is that it would be better if you can try solving the problem with the help of windows 7 repair disk because the cd has the bootsect.exe file in it so that will be much better for you so do opt for that and carry on with the suggestions that I have given here it will be quite beneficial for you.

I suppose you must try again with the fixboot method and I am sure that it is always better to give a another chance for the method that you have already tried so that’s what I want to say here. Apart from that I would advice to rebuild the bcd again see if that helps you or not in solving out the problem for you so that’s what you need to check out, in case if that does not helps then I would advise you to have a check with the hard disk itself may be that will be the cause of the problem, so there are many suggestions that you need to look in here make sure that you perform well on it.

Ok thanks for the solutions that you have given here yes I will surely check with the bootsect.exe file and try using the windows 7 boot cd here so let’s see if that helps me or not in solving out the problem for me, so that’s what I want to say here thanks for recommending that solution for me so that's what i want to say here, lets see if bootsect.exe file helps me in this situation so i am hoping for the best lets see if it can solve out the issue here, thanks everyone.