Thread: better os than xp.

better os than xp.

what is the best Operating system to do some serious work other than xp or 98? (I' mean Win98 doesn't exist any more but if it did it'll be a sharper operating system than 7 or xp right??)so what i'm looking for is an Operating system such as that and can be used with today's software without any trouble.(never mind the appearance.) any advise??

Re: better os than xp.

Well, I prefer Windows 7, using it from last 3 years (since its release) and am satisfied with its user friendly features. And yes, i too do serious work. But anyways, i too know Windows Xp is still used by many companies as it is considered as best OS from Microsoft today as well. To be frank, there is no OS better than XP as per your requirements. So, i'll suggest to continue with XP itself, better go with Service Pack 3.

For some more idea, you can also check this out:
    List of operating systems to their popularity wise

I agree, Windows 98 was a great program, a program that allowed the user to tweak just about any features within the program. Unfortunately Bill Gates wanted to keep selling windows over and over again and the only way he could do this was to upgrade the Windows OS to a completely new version.
    Since most of the software and hardware manufactures could not compete finically and produce their products to work with any Windows OS, they simply upgraded as Mr. Bill did, thus forcing you to purchase a new version of Windows.
    I believe now, unlike when Windows 98 was popular Microsoft has to have an online scan available that will tell you just what hardware and software you have installed on your pc that will not work with an upgrade, such as Windows 7 etc. Bottom line is we will never have complete control over what Windows wants to do on our pc's again!

It completely depends on anyone's personal choice and the system they are using. If the system is built during the days of Windows XP, 4-5 years ago then your system will be more tuned up to the Windows XP. But if its the latest computer system then they will be running Windows Vista and the Windows 7 the best as compared to Windows XP. Start up time is way better in Windows XP then the Windows 7 in my system (which is an old system). Look-wise Windows 7 will beat the Windows XP. At the same time, Windows 7 requires more system resource then the Windows XP.

thanks for all the tips and advises guys!!!