Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Gentoo: dmraid raid5 fakeraid dualboot

Operating Systems

Old 02-06-2011

Gentoo: dmraid raid5 fakeraid dualboot

from past couple of hours I am trying to install Gentoo on the computer of mine. Well I have noticed that it seems to be failing at pykde4-4.6.2 location. It results into an error message while doing the same. let me know if you are having specific solution to fix the problem of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Old 02-06-2011

Re: Gentoo: dmraid raid5 fakeraid dualboot

Well looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I wanted to know about the hardware configuration of the computer of yours. can you post the entire error message which you are getting on the computer? Have you ever installed Linux on the computer? So answer of the above mentioned question as early as possible so that I can let you know about possible solution to fix the problem which you are getting on the system of yours.
Old 02-06-2011

I have used python updater but according to me it was the root cause of the problem on the system of mine. you should run the below mentioned command on the terminal.
Code:
emerge -av dev-python/sip 
emerge -av dev-python/PyQt4 
python-updater
So you should try the same and let me know whether it was helpful to you or not.
Old 02-06-2011

Well you need to replace default genkernel config by using the following command.
Code:
wget -O /usr/share/genkernel/arch/x86/kernel-config http://kernel-seeds.org/seeds/64_bit...6_64-08.config
now you have to run following piece of command on the terminal.
emerge lvm2
Code:
genkernel --dmraid --lvm2 --menuconfig all
it would edit the menuconfig file to the driver of the computer of yours.
Old 02-06-2011

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting following thing which you should try and see whether it is working or not.
Code:
genkernel --dmraid all
it would have .config file which is at the /usr/src/linux/.config and it should be picked up by the genkernel default behavior
now execute the below command on the terminal and see whether it is working or not.
Code:
cp /usr/src/linux/.config /root/kernel-config/ 
genkernel --dmraid --install --kernel-config=/root/kernel-config all
Old 02-06-2011

I think you did not require to uninstall udev even if you are supposed to use lvm. The device manager needs for the dmraid which are contained within the lvm2 package. Now you have to run following piece of command on the terminal.
Code:
RDEPEND="|| ( >=sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.45 
                sys-fs/device-mapper )
Also you might need initramfs if root is on something of the kernel and init process which unable to handle the thing by own.
Old 03-06-2011

As far as copying of the lvm2 binary into the initramfs is concerned you are build the same statically. You should not copy over any libs. If you are not supposed to build the thing statically then you need to move to the ldd /path/to/binary location. You should not mount dev file system on the system anywhere. Also you should execute ls -alh /dev on the computer of yours and see whether it is making any difference or not.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,