Thread: WINDOWS 7 freezing may be because of Foxconn 560a Motherboard incompatibility

WINDOWS 7 freezing may be because of Foxconn 560a Motherboard incompatibility

I am having computer system with Foxconn 560a motherboard and in that I just upgraded to Windows 7 32 bit versions and I found some of the problems with my DVD drive. The main thing is that after windows installed properly and when I install games on my computer then the DVD drive identify the software but do not install the same. So please tell me what actually the problem is and why windows freeze when I attempt to install that game.

Re: WINDOWS 7 freezing may be because of Foxconn 560a Motherboard incompatibility

I suggest you to test the DVD which you are trying to read because it is sometimes likely to happen that the DVD which you are demanding to read has many of scratches and thus due to which the system is not able to understand the data on it and hence due to this it is causing freeze. For this the DVD drive tries a lot in order to get the data from it, but due to scratches this is not possible. Suppose if you found that disc has scratches then discard it and use some other disk to check the DVD drive of the computer.

Re: WINDOWS 7 freezing may be because of Foxconn 560a Motherboard incompatibility

I guess there might not be any compatibility issues with the motherboard but instead it can be with earlier releases of Windows 7 operating. And thus due to this incompatibility issues, numerous devices do not work correctly on Windows 7. I have found that the major cause for incompatibility issue is unavailability of suitable drivers for the machine. So it would be better if you go to the official website of the manufacturer and download the most recent drivers which are offered for the device which you are using and is also supported by Windows 7.

I think the freezing of the system is likely to happen because of the some hardware or due to some software installed in your desktop computer system. It may also probably occur because of the game that you are trying to play need advanced hardware configuration. So in your case you might not be having that much hardware on your desktop computer system which is actually needed. So checks for the games needed configuration over internet and match that with your configuration.

This may be possible that the windows 7 operating system is getting freeze because of the game that you are attempting to use on your desktop computer system may not be compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. It is also possible that there are lots of processes running in your system because of which the game is not able to receive the necessary system memory and thus due to this the system gets freezes. So make sure to verify for this possible cause.

First of all the above solutions are worth trying because these are the main ones which should be tried first else the other thing you should try is that try to run this DVD on any other DVD drive. If suppose you arrange the same then place the DVD game on it and then whether you are getting that particular game installed there. Also check whether DVD drive recognizes any other disc. If not then the DVD hardware have gone faulty so you need to replace it soon.

I guess it would be the last case that you can try and it seems that the DVD drive is not receiving sufficient power while understanding the disk and thus the system is getting freeze. The PSU actually provides the correct level of voltages to every device which are connected to it. If the PSU is not capable of providing accurate voltage to all the devices then the device will freeze up most probably due to power fluctuation. So get the PSU of the computer tartan by some technician and see if the power rating of the PSU is adequate for the configuration of the computer.