Thread: Not able to boot after updating bios from gigabyte f5 to f8k

Not able to boot after updating bios from gigabyte f5 to f8k

In mu computer I have updated my bios from f5 to f8k which is the latest version downloaded from gigabyte. The main reason I am doing this because I want to upgrade my cpu to a phenom 965 which is the latest version provided and also allows am3 cpu. This is the first time I have downloaded anything .The main problem is that when I unplug the power cord from the psu or when I press the on/off button the computer wont boot anymore and above that cdrom is making a sound as the system would restart over and over again. Can anyone provide a solution to me as soon as possible?

Re: Not able to boot after updating bios from gigabyte f5 to f8k

If you are having such kind of problem that you should try to do one thing that you will have to first unplug all the power cords because in this kind of situation you might short your any of the hardware of might get some other problems I will suggest you that you will have to flash the bios again to the old version i.e. f5 and check that are you getting the same kind of problem again or not, if you are not getting any kind of problem then it is good

I hope these steps will help you to get rid of your problem:
    1. First you will have to turn off power and remove the power cords from psu
    2. Then take out the battery gently and put it aside for about 5 minutes or longer
    3. You can use a metal object to connect the two pins to make them short-circuited
    4. Now just re-install the battery ti the battery holder
    5. Connect the power cord and then turn it on
    6. Power on the system
    7. If your bios can’t post you will have to enter bios and load the fail-safe default settings
    8. After save changes and then reboot the system again
    I hope these steps helped you solving your problem.

No need to worry you just need to put a new battery in, it will hardly cost you $3 for a new CMOS. The main thing of the battery is that it provides power to the CMOS chip even when the computer is turned off. The chip contains all the information about your system configuration. The Cmos battery will help Cmos to preserve your all the settings. So if the battery is bad, and if it is not being able to remember the new settings for the bios. And when you take the battery out it will take you back to the factory settings. It is worth doing this without any problem so buy a new battery and you will be able to go from f5 to f8.

You can use Q-flash utility because it is the safest way to flash the bios. It is the best way of clearing the DMI pool data and when you flash the bios through Q-Flash utility from the Bios keep the settings as it is you should not change any of the settings .you will have no problems while flashing. Now after doing it you can download the latest versions to get updated . You may have the latest version of @bios that came on the disk supplied with your Mother Board .but just go to the gigabyte website to be sure.