Thread: Unable to do full destructive system recovery in Windows Vista

Unable to do full destructive system recovery in Windows Vista

I have an Advent PC at home which has preinstalled Windows Vista in it. When I bought it, it was working just fine, but lately I have been facing some problem using it. Now, whenever I start my pc, it will only start in the Safe Mode. It is really difficult for me to operate on the Safe Mode. For that, I want to do a full destructive system recovery, but my pc won’t even let me do that. I tried starting my pc and the press F8 key and selected “Repair Your Computer”. It should show me a language selection menu and “Start Microsoft Windows Repair Environment”. But I cannot see any of that on the screen, instead I get the windows logo and then the login screen. I have two user accounts on my pc but it shows some “Other User” option and asks me to enter the username and password. I tried using my username and password but it doesn’t work.

Re: Unable to do full destructive system recovery in Windows Vista

It is indeed difficult to work in the Safe Mode. I also had the same problem with my pc. You said that you press F8 key when you start your pc. Pressing F8 key, only allows you to access the Windows boot menu. It only enables to boot your pc, but there is no confirmation that you will be able to do a recovery to the full system. In the windows boot menu you will find the Vista Startup Repair. This will enable you to do a full system recovery. But, you need the Windows Vista recovery disk for that. So, make sure you have the recovery disk. If you have the disk you can proceed with the full system recovery and your pc will be free from any past errors.

Having a recovery disk will surely solve your problem. But, if you don’t have the recovery disk, then you can follow this method and see if it works:When you start your pc, just check if get any errors when you try to login in the normal mode. If it does show error messages, then it is better to switch on to the safe mode, which is a better option for you now. Once you enter into the safe mode then set your computer in clean boot. A clean boot helps your computer to deal with any software conflicts and heals them as well. After you are done with the clean boot, reboot your system and it will work just fine.

I know you don’t like to operate in the safe mode, as you have mentioned above. But, to do a full recovery of your pc you have to use the safe mode only. First you need to reboot your pc. Then as your pc starts hold n press F8 key. A windows prompt will appear on the screen. Click on the safe mode with command prompt. Windows will boot now n you will be able to see the command prompt now. Once you are in the command prompt, type “Format C:”. This command will delete everything in the system hard disk. Now once you have done with it, reboot and your pc is ready to use again.